The Student Room Group

Dentist nightmare stories? And teeth?!

I have got my dentist appointment tomorrow, and I havent been for a few years so I dont know what to expect.

I wanted to hear your stories, any unfortunate happening from being at the dentist.

Secondly, I wanted to know if anyone of you have a missing tooth as in a gap anywhere and which tooth it was?

I say this because one tooth has been hurting so bad that I think it will need to be taken out, i think its number 14.
Anaesthetic didn't work - had to yank it out. Not to mention I apparently have insanely large roots, which adds to the pain. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I've had two teeth I've had to have out on the same side at the top (back-most molar before wisdom tooth and 2nd premolar I think). Tbh though it just freed up space for my wisdom tooth to come in (that's what cracked the molar, the wisdom tooth pushing in behind it) and I have a gap where the molar was-but I think I can expect my wisdom tooth to still come in quite a bit, it's come in a good few mm since having the molar out. Where the premolar was you can't really see a gap from the front, although I can feel it with my tongue from the back of my teeth and it's currently a bit annoying because it's just the right size for getting food stuck in it. :rolleyes:

I don't know why you'd want to know about people's bad dentist experiences though. :s-smilie: I can't say I've ever really had any; all my dentist experiences have been pretty good. Having my last tooth out was uncomfortable and involved a lot of tugging though, it fell completely to pieces and the dentist was like 'you might find some pieces coming to the surface in the next couple of days'-urgh-but generally I don't mind the dentists. I have been told I'm a pretty good patient though; I'm quite happy to endure discomfort to get stuff done as long as it doesn't hurt.
Reply 3
Original post by Obiejess
Anaesthetic didn't work - had to yank it out. Not to mention I apparently have insanely large roots, which adds to the pain. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which tooth did you have taken out? Sounds painful, ouch
Original post by blank_smile
Which tooth did you have taken out? Sounds painful, ouch

My four pre molars

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I had my lower wisdom teeth taken out around August. The sounds, the blood! The worst pain was actually my TMJ getting so exhausted from me having to keep my mouth open (it's a problem sometimes anyway) that it was genuinely near making me want to call the whole thing off mid-procedure just to have time for it to recover. Blinding pain, just from the muscles. My boyfriend very kindly accompanied me and later told me that he was absolutely dying from having to listen to the sound of my teeth being cracked into pieces and wrenched from my jaw bone. A bit of my tooth went flying and he went and picked it up off the floor, much to the dental assistants' bemusement.
Reply 6
Went in for a checkup. Came out with one kidney.
Reply 7
Dentist took all my teeth out...

And then I woke up and found out I had a nightmare.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending