The Student Room Group

Plain white t shirt

I've recently been hearing a lot of things about different retailers basic/plain white t shirts and was wondering which ones offer the best quality.

I don't have any currently and I'm looking for people who are satisfied with the t shirt(s) they got, where they got them from and the price, thanks.

The retailers I'm currently considering are, next, h&m, primark, gap, topman.. but anywhere that is accessible from UK is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Lay-Z
I've recently been hearing a lot of things about different retailers basic/plain white t shirts and was wondering which ones offer the best quality.

I don't have any currently and I'm looking for people who are satisfied with the t shirt(s) they got, where they got them from and the price, thanks.

The retailers I'm currently considering are, next, h&m, primark, gap, topman.. but anywhere that is accessible from UK is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plain basic t-shirts at topman are just terrible, really thin material, same goes for primark. H&M is slightly better, I have to admit I like the fit of the H&M t-shirts more so than other retailer. I think Next t-shirts are pretty good in terms of quality, but I don't like the fit. I haven't tried any gap t-shirts.
I really like gap's plain white t shirts. They use quality material and they fit really nicely. I wear bras and I'm always conscious if the tshirt shows the colour of my bra or not and gap's white tshirts do a pretty good job of keeping it muted, so they aren't paper thin.
Reply 3
Marks & spencers & Uniqlo are top quality for plain white t shirts better quality than primary & h&m that's for sure.
Reply 4
Thanks for the replies guys, after narrowing down to uniqlo and m&s I found that m&s was 3 to 4 pounds cheaper and had 140+ reviews on it's website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
My problem with the m&s t shirts is that they cover the whole of the upper arm, I'm looking for something that goes down to mid bicep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Lay-Z
My problem with the m&s t shirts is that they cover the whole of the upper arm, I'm looking for something that goes down to mid bicep

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just find the size that fits you, Asos medium fits me perfectly.
It's a plain, white T-shirt; they're identical no matter where you go, there may be slight variations in the quality of the material but no-one other than you will ever notice. Just buy the cheapest one.
Reply 8
As quite a connoisseur of plain white T's, I'd have to say that Gap produce the best that I have sampled.
I have a plain white tee from Blue Inc (it's their twisted soul brand), both the material and the fit are excellent. I got another one from Next but it got a hole by the neck after a couple of weeks of owning it, and the fit was worse.
Reply 10
Why do you need a plain white T-Shirt? Is it to go with your leather jacket? Are you starring as Danny in Greece the musical?
I bought a couple of plain white t-shirts off ebay once, they were great.
Reply 12
Original post by Maid Marian
I bought a couple of plain white t-shirts off ebay once, they were great.

Can you be more specific?
Original post by Lay-Z
Can you be more specific?

In what way? Just go on ebay and buy a plain white t-shirt off someone with 100% feedback. Maybe it's different for women's clothing, but it's really hard to buy decent plain white t-shirts in stores.
Plain basic t-shirts at River Island are just looks so smart,sexy and full fit to our body. :smile:
Reply 15

Quick Reply

Latest