The Student Room Group

Logbook (V5C)

I bought a new car just over a month ago, filled in all the paperwork and got the new keeper part from the old logbook (V5C/2). The garage said they would send off the change of keeper part. It was before Christmas and they said that the DVLA had been slow, but it does seem to be taking a while now. Previous experiance with the DVLA has been quicker than this, even when slow it's been a few weeks, not over a month. Anyone else had similar delays with them recently, or should I ring the DVLA to find out what's going on? Not that bothered as I've got the correct paperwork to show I own the car, but it would be nice to get it finalised.
Reply 1
Over six weeks is pretty much the average at the moment. I wouldn't get concerned just yet.
Reply 2
Original post by FXX
Over six weeks is pretty much the average at the moment. I wouldn't get concerned just yet.

Thanks. I'll give it another month then and if I've still not got it, then I'll get concerned.
Given that Christmas has just passed, it wouldn't surprise me if they are being slow. Only worry after six weeks as FXX said.
Reply 4
If no joy beyond the six week mark, phone them up and check the status.
If they've not received anything chances are they couldn't be bothered to send the logbook off.
Happily, you can send in the green slip yourself and they will do a new keeper change off that. That way it saves you paying £25 to have a V62 processed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending