The Student Room Group

EPQ advice

I'm currently creating an artifact EPQ based around a dystopian short story which I am writing. How much should I be doing for my log and what kind of things should l be putting in my log? I have done some research and taken notes on what makes a 'Dystopia' but I haven't gotten a clear timeline for my research>
Original post by EKD112
I'm currently creating an artifact EPQ based around a dystopian short story which I am writing. How much should I be doing for my log and what kind of things should l be putting in my log? I have done some research and taken notes on what makes a 'Dystopia' but I haven't gotten a clear timeline for my research>

Hi @EKD112

Sounds like a really interesting EPQ!

I did a report instead of an artefact but the log books pretty much the same for both. We were told to write as much as we could in the logbook with lots of detail as that's where most of your marks come from as the EPQ is about being reflective and critical of your own work. If you don't currently have a timeline plan I'd suggest making one even if you don't stick to it as you can write about this in the logbook later reflecting on why your plan didn't work and what you would do differently next time e.g using a different plan format like a Gantt Chart. Also I'd suggest making a note of key decisions you make or changes you make as these are important to get in then logbook and while you might remember them at the moment but might forget when you get round to updating the logbook.

I hope this helped and good luck with the rest of the EPQ :smile:

Jess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending