The Student Room Group

Interview for Edge Hill - help?!

I've recieved a interview from edge hill for Learning Disability nursing and Social work. My interview is on 1st Feb and I'm just wondering if anyone has had an interview for this course or a similar one (e.g. social work) and how did it go? I feel like 5 minutes is a rather long time for me to talk non stop so any tips for the 5 minute presentation?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey, I applied for LD nursing at edge hill too, when did you apply because I'm still waiting to hear back..good luck!!
Reply 2
My application was recieved by UCAS on january 3th and I recieved the offer from edge hill on the 9th, thankyou! Good luck to you aswell! :smile:x
Oh god, now I'm worried..I sent mine off the 30th December and haven't heard back from any :frown:...the course you applied to seems really interesting, I wanted to apply to it but by the time I found the course I already had my personal statement written and I didn't feel like rewriting a brand new one to try and intergrate social work into it..did you apply to 5 courses named 'LD nursing and social work' ? I hope your interview goes well :smile:
Reply 4
I hope you hear back soon! Can imagine how anxious I'd be in your position :frown:, in my statement I simply stated that I would like to work in a healthcare profession and went into detail on what/why I'd like to with reference to books I've studied (e.g. Social Work: the basics) so in all honesty I didn't expect a single offer due to my being vague to incorporate both careers.
I've applied for LD nursing and social work in Edge Hill, Sheffield Hallam and Salford then social work in Edge Hill and have been given a conditional offer for Education Studies and Special and Inclusive Needs at John Moores :smile: and me too! Haha I've never had an interview for ANYTHING before this so my nerves are all over the place! x
Reply 5
Hi, I have an interview at Edgehill on the 1st as well and am pretty nervous about the 5 minute talk. I wonder if we are allowed to use any media like powerpoint?!
Reply 6
first offer and then the interview? Gosh, Edge Hill is really weird O.o

good luck by the way!

Quick Reply

Latest