The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ubi1
Am shaking over here!:frown:
He needs anti inflams to move around!
Its too anticlimactic.

It's really heartbreaking.

Rafa can't hit a serve near 100 mph. Can't run, can't rotate or bend. But of course Rafa MUST be faking all of this. Australian crowd trying to redeem themselves by cheering him on - don't bother. Shows just how nasty a fickle crowd can be.

Congrats Stan Wawrinka for your first major - the worst circumstances but was the best player in the tournament for sure.
Reply 181
Original post by Sirocco11
It's really heartbreaking.

Rafa can't hit a serve near 100 mph. Can't run, can't rotate or bend. But of course Rafa MUST be faking all of this. Australian crowd trying to redeem themselves by cheering him on - don't bother. Shows just how nasty a fickle crowd can be.

Congrats Stan Wawrinka for your first major - the worst circumstances but was the best player in the tournament for sure.

Am praying to God be MERCIFUL PLEASE!:frown:
Anti inflams taking effect?
Nope can't boo him first then cheer. ****ers.

Everything he is doing is just so crippled.
Anti inflams taking effect?

Nah he was faking it man.
2009, Del Potro.

Have to admit I thought Rafa was being tactical (and I'm his supporter).

But seriously **** you Australian crowd, absolutely despicable behaviour to an injured player.

Well I think they are trying to redeem themselves now by cheering Nadal on. Awkward..

Commentators saying for Warwinka it's not how you want to win your first grand slam final. Err wtf? I'd happily take a grand slam with every opponent retiring :colondollar:
Original post by Malevolent
Nah he was faking it man.

Seriously, that was the first serve he hit over 100 mph in the last 45 minutes. He wouldn't go this length to fake an injury.

I know instances in the past where he's done it tactically and he's never moved as badly as this.
Seriously could give yourself a proper injury, Rafa. Best just to pull out of this one.
Too much pride to retire the match.
Reply 189
God please am begging you now!:frown::frown:
Original post by Zerforax
Well I think they are trying to redeem themselves now by cheering Nadal on. Awkward..

Commentators saying for Warwinka it's not how you want to win your first grand slam final. Err wtf? I'd happily take a grand slam with every opponent retiring :colondollar:

Very awkward. They should just stay quiet instead of being two faced.

Yeah I think it's not great to win your first major with a retirement/injured opponent because it just doesn't feel legit.

Wawrinka definitely been lulled by this - making loads of unforced errors. Rafa's just smashing anything that gets into his strike zone.
Reply 191
He can barely move, valiant effort by Nadal and i'm hoping for some sort of comeback.
Reply 192
Original post by IDukem
He can barely move, valiant effort by Nadal and i'm hoping for some sort of comeback.

Why does this always happen to me? Bad things always!:mad::angry:
Stan's playing like a tool - injured opponent trap a lot of players fall into. Could Rafa win this set?
Reply 194
Come on Nadal remember your struggle against Fed in 2006 and 2007 Wimby Remember Nole in 2011
Reply 195
Stan's playing like a tool - injured opponent trap a lot of players fall into. Could Rafa win this set?

The guy has never lost a slam final in 3 sets! He needs to remember his 7 in a row against nole and losses to Fed in 06
Reply 196
Original post by ubi1
Why does this always happen to me? Bad things always!:mad::angry:

But if he does comeback into the match and wins the Australian Open, what a story that would be.
Reply 197
Original post by IDukem
But if he does comeback into the match and wins the Australian Open, what a story that would be.

Not happening HES TOO INJURED!:frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by IDukem

There's no way he can do it without the serve.
Reply 199
There's no way he can do it without the serve.

God noo! Am going to cry when Stan wins! seriously:mad::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest