The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to Serena - just cannot be stopped at the moment, and will probably reach the pinnacle of tennis in New York by completing the Calendar Year Grand Slam!

As for tomorrow: Djokovic is the favourite. Would be a pleasant surprise if Federer won, but don't want to get my hopes up too much
Original post by Krish4791
Congrats to Serena - just cannot be stopped at the moment, and will probably reach the pinnacle of tennis in New York by completing the Calendar Year Grand Slam!

As for tomorrow: Djokovic is the favourite. Would be a pleasant surprise if Federer won, but don't want to get my hopes up too much

Nah fed is the favourite in my books. He played flawless tennis in his last match. Djokovic also played well, but not at the level that fed is currently on. Fed in 4. However, I'm a Djokovic fan, so I really hope I am wrong!
Djokovic played his best match on grass imo last year to beat Federer. I hope he doesn't decide to do that again tomorrow. I heard that it might be raining tomorrow which means advantage Federer.
I don't mind who wins tomorrow both great champions, maybe edging closer to federer.

Serena had an early scare but I knew she'd recover. She always does and deservedly holds the title. Women's tennis has a long long way to go, it's predicactable. Sharapova seen as a great champion swept away so easy
If Federer plays like he did against Murray then I think he wins but I don't know if he can sustain that level again.

Also, I'm sure this has already been mentioned here but Roddick is one of the best things to ever happen to sports broadcasting.
Original post by TheMagicRat
If Federer plays like he did against Murray then I think he wins but I don't know if he can sustain that level again.

Also, I'm sure this has already been mentioned here but Roddick is one of the best things to ever happen to sports broadcasting.

Andy roddick is a boss.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please can no-one win today? I dislike both Federer and Djokovic

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd give Federer a 70 percent chance of winning this. He is playing better than last year and even in 2012 in my eyes. A lot of people are saying that this will be a classic but I don't see it that way -- if Federer plays like he did on Friday I don't think that this match will last long.

I'm not ashamed to say that I will be gutted if he loses. This is a big match: the head-to-head is 20-19, 1-1 on grass, 1-1 in major finals.

Edit: Noticed how Federer has started to swagger like a boss again? Big sign of confidence. There is usually only one outcome at times like these except when a certain Spaniard is on the other end of the court...
Hope both men play their best, wish there was some way they could both win but there'll have to be one winner. I think Federer is the favourite but he was the favourite last year too so it's anyone's game. May the best man win
The best man is the djokovic
He needs to be more judicious in his net approaches though -- hope I don't spend the day watching him get passed by Novak.
Ah so good being a neutral today. Hope this is a great match and not a blowout either way.
There goes the break advantage. It was the bizarre volley at the start of the game that cost him. Those are the margins.
Wow, I thought Federer had that set all sewn up but Djokovic just wouldn't go away, still anyone's game
Looks like Fed peaked too early - Djokovic somehow hangs in there and takes the set. Really good so far, but could get even better.

A rain delay might just help out Federer here (if it comes)
(edited 8 years ago)
Djokovic is just so solid off the ground it's unreal; Federer just can't cut through him. As in last year, he has peaked exactly at the right time in this tournament. Unlike Federer, who seems to have reserved his best stuff for Andy Murray and Gilles Simon... shame.
What a gift that UE was from Djokovic. The match could have been effectively over right there. Will Federer capitalise...
Just not good enough from Federer. Give credit to Djokovic but Federer could have won that game three times over and he blew his chances every time. The effort from Federer is respectable but the player that routined Murray the other day hasn't shown up so far.
There was a point in the first few games of this set where I had literally no confidence in Fed in the rallies. Every shot felt like it was going to go out. Djokovic hasn't been exemplary at all - poor for his standard at times, but the mental strength to break back immediately will probably win him this match.
**** yes! What a tie-break! He might still lose this but at least it won't be in straights.

Quick Reply

Latest