The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Roger1
No, you got that wrong my friend. I shall tell you the main reasons why some people hate Nadal.

1) Consistent injury excuses
2) Whining and moaning about surfaces even though most of the tournaments have slowed down their courts which is why he has won as much as he has.
3) Time wasting tactics such as picking his butt and then smelling his hands... Disgusting.
4) Over the top celebrations
5) Bumping into his opponents
6) Very unnatural and kinda ugly style of play
7) Uncle Toni

Its funny how I haven't seen Murray fans say anything bad about Nadal but always Nole and Fed fans, how amusing...:colone:
Original post by Roger1
No, you got that wrong my friend. I shall tell you the main reasons why some people hate Nadal.

1) Consistent injury excuses
2) Whining and moaning about surfaces even though most of the tournaments have slowed down their courts which is why he has won as much as he has.
3) Time wasting tactics such as picking his butt and then smelling his hands... Disgusting.
4) Over the top celebrations
5) Bumping into his opponents
6) Very unnatural and kinda ugly style of play
7) Uncle Toni

Y u hate uncle toni?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can we stop with the player bashing? Not a healthy practice and detracts from the actual tennis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krish4791
Can we stop with the player bashing? Not a healthy practice and detracts from the actual tennis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I agree.

Was expecting a lot from tomic today after he won the first set. Disappointing. However, I'm always surprised by the fact that berdych has hair...

Djok vs step was very very impressive. How can step still play so well?! It's amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WriterOfWrongs
Yes I agree.

Was expecting a lot from tomic today after he won the first set. Disappointing. However, I'm always surprised by the fact that berdych has hair...

Djok vs step was very very impressive. How can step still play so well?! It's amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought Berdych was a bit of a mental midget - apparently not, he fought well in the tiebreakers.
Loved Stepanek's performance against Novak, and also really liked Murray today. The opponent was not great but Andy practically entered god mode for that match!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought Berdych was a bit of a mental midget - apparently not, he fought well in the tiebreakers.
Loved Stepanek's performance against Novak, and also really liked Murray today. The opponent was not great but Andy practically entered god mode for that match!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely forgot about the Murray match today. I think I watched dimitrov instead.

Tomorrow looks pretty good, nadal up first then federer in the evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Y u hate uncle toni?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't care about Nadal or his uncle.
Reply 1387
Nadals grass court game sucks so bad at the moment feel tempted to place £5 on Rosol for £30 profit.
I completely forgot about the Murray match today. I think I watched dimitrov instead.

Tomorrow looks pretty good, nadal up first then federer in the evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dimitrov came on after Murrays match had finished

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Dimitrov came on after Murrays match had finished

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. I can't remember then. Never mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ubi1
Nadals grass court game sucks so bad at the moment feel tempted to place £5 on Rosol for £30 profit.

Nadal will win today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nadal will win today

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he will to. I think he might drop the first set though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1392
Nadal will win today

Posted from TSR Mobile

Promise? Swear to god....:rolleyes:
Really good match between Kohlschrieber and Bolelli at the moment. Very high quality.
I think he will to. I think he might drop the first set though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. Rosol won't have the energy to deal with the inevitable Rafa onslaught after the first set. Rafa in 4
Original post by lizzy95
I agree. Rosol won't have the energy to deal with the inevitable Rafa onslaught after the first set. Rafa in 4

Agreed. I personally can't see Rosol beating Rafa twice, but anything could happen and if Rosol gets the same momentum he got two years ago, a repeat may occur.

On a different note, I believe and think that Eugenie Bouchard could potentially be a world number one one day.
Original post by IDukem
Agreed. I personally can't see Rosol beating Rafa twice, but anything could happen and if Rosol gets the same momentum he got two years ago, a repeat may occur.

On a different note, I believe and think that Eugenie Bouchard could potentially be a world number one one day.

Definitely! I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bouchard won a slam in the near future, she's got loads of potential and has already shown she can consistently perform well at slams this year. :smile:
Original post by lizzy95
Definitely! I wouldn't be shocked at all if Bouchard won a slam in the near future, she's got loads of potential and has already shown she can consistently perform well at slams this year. :smile:

Maybe not this season, but I can certainly see her challenging for titles next season. I was mightily impressed with how well she beat Daniela the other day. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for her matches in the future. She seems like a decent person too and Daniela was very gracious on her defeat and told congratulations to Eugenie on twitter :smile:
Original post by Ashnard
I've been able to infer from your previous posts that you prefer Nadal. Amirite?:holmes:

I can neither confirm nor deny.
Reply 1399
Rosol takes first set 6-4!

Quick Reply

Latest