The Student Room Group

Where do you shop for clothes? Budget or high end?

I will go first. I love Primark and Tk Maxx, i don't buy into those mid range places like AllSaints where everyone seems to go. I feel confident in whatever I am wearing so don't really care about trying to dress to impress day to day. Most of my day to day stuff is Primark and TK Maxx.

However, I have a love of high end places too. I have my lions share of items I like such as the Burberry tailored trench coat, my (so far) two pairs of Louboutins http://eu.christianlouboutin.com/uk_en/shop/men/rollerboy-spike-veau-velours.html . Every once in a while I go for a shop where I like to buy from a good designer, like a new Hilfiger jacket or something.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

jd sports innit fam
Reply 2
Original post by yl95
jd sports innit fam

Splashing my bare stacks for those tracky tracks.
Original post by Mr_Vain
Splashing my bare stacks for those tracky tracks.

bare safe doe
Reply 4
Original post by yl95
jd sports innit fam

that is da **** fam :cool:
Reply 5
Definitely budget with the main place I get clothes from being eBay. I just don't see the point in paying more than you have to for clothes, obviously I don't just pick the cheapest item in the shop without considering whether I like it but I do set myself reasonable limits like £5 max for tops & shorts, £10 max for other bottoms & playsuits and £15 max for dresses/jumpsuits etc.
Original post by Slyca
that is da **** fam :cool:

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap
Reply 7
Original post by yl95
braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

dunnoe fam, them adidas trakys are on point. ygm
Reply 8
budget
Reply 9
budget probably, tk maxx quite frequently
Budget! Primark and online shops.
Reply 11
High end - £60 pound a garment and over. But still high street.
I'm tall and slim, it's so hard to find things to fit decently so I have to pay more to get the quality.
Reply 12
Original post by Mr_Vain
I will go first. I love Primark and Tk Maxx, i don't buy into those mid range places like AllSaints where everyone seems to go. I feel confident in whatever I am wearing so don't really care about trying to dress to impress day to day. Most of my day to day stuff is Primark and TK Maxx.

However, I have a love of high end places too. I have my lions share of items I like such as the Burberry tailored trench coat, my (so far) two pairs of Louboutins http://eu.christianlouboutin.com/uk_en/shop/men/rollerboy-spike-veau-velours.html . Every once in a while I go for a shop where I like to buy from a good designer, like a new Hilfiger jacket or something.

opinion, those shoes are VILE and extortionate for £925 quid.
Reply 13
Original post by TheBigJosh
opinion, those shoes are VILE and extortionate for £925 quid.

I like them, they're cool.
Reply 14
Original post by Mr_Vain
I like them, they're cool.

Is that what is classed as cool?
They sell those shoes, exact same look, at my work for £40 quid .
Reply 15
Original post by TheBigJosh
Is that what is classed as cool?
They sell those shoes, exact same look, at my work for £40 quid .

You sound like my Dad , grrr
Reply 16
Original post by Mr_Vain
You sound like my Dad , grrr

Sorry, I'm all about the label don't get me wrong! If I see something at £20, but then something similar but branded at £150 (tops - unless it was really nice) I'd buy the expensive one.
But nearly £1,000 for shoes that aren't even that nice, really?!
But at least you like them, that's all that matters :smile:
Reply 17
Mixed but mainly budget and I love tkmaxx.
Reply 18
Primark and new look mainly, personally don't see the point in buying 1 expensive thing from a place like topshop or river island when I can buy multiple items for the same price in more budget shops, as long as it looks good to me idk
Reply 19
As a student I am on a budget but I find you can still get good quality if you shop smart. Most of my favourite clothes are from TK Maxx, Topshop, ASOS, Miss Selfridge etc which can sell things overpriced considering their quality but I tend to shop mostly in the sale. You can get nice basic stuff from Primark too, most of my socks and knickers are from there.

I don't tend to buy the on trend things because I find it a waste of money since it goes out of fashion so quickly and to be honest a lot of the fashionable stuff lately hasn't been my style such as the whole American university 'GEEK' tops and all that.

My most expensive items are probably my winter boots, coats and my Cambridge satchel backpack.

One of my biggest concerns when clothes shopping is actually the materials used and how the garment feels. I can even usually tell the makeup just by feeling it before i read the label! I hate how most tops and dresses are made from that rough-feeling polyester, eurghh.

I'm not really brand conscious and I find it incredibly tacky when the designers name s plastered across your chest like a walking billboard, superdry I'm looking at you.

These are my last purchases in the past week:

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-MOTOR-Flatforms/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2718952&SearchQuery=flatform&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Black

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?searchTerm=Parka+short&storeId=12556&productId=13276975&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=&langId=-1&productIdentifier=product&catalogId=33057
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest