The Student Room Group

AQA A2 English Literature LITB3: Gothic, 6 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neighbourhood M
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any examples of A* essays? Or know where to find them?

There's some on this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/subscription.php?do=removesubscription&t=3246745

I posted some up on pages 25-30 I think.
Original post by ArsenalObsessed
Hello all! I figured it would be good to make a thread for this year's exam, considering how popular last year's thread was :biggrin:

AQA's marking for this spec seems to be a tad unpredictable to say the least, (one look at previous LITB3 results day posts and you'll see what I mean) so we all need to do everything we can to do well in this exam!

So, if anyone wants to share advice, resources or revision tips then this is the place to do so - I'll also try and post some up on here as I find them. My exam texts are Frankenstein, Macbeth and Dr Faustus, and my target is an A*. Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Very useful site for revision, has tons of resources, exemplars and full UMS scripts - https://intranet.wellingtoncollege.org.uk/english/6th-form/-as2-literature/litb3-gothic

this says that I have to log into firefly? what is that?
Hey, I got an A in this paper last year (at uni now) so if there's anything I can do to help, let me know!
Original post by Deagdavies
Hey, I got an A in this paper last year (at uni now) so if there's anything I can do to help, let me know!

Yes please, I clicked on the link and it took me to a login screen
Original post by Deagdavies

Hello,

I'm doing the LITB3 Gothic exam this year and was wondering how you would go about structuring both essays for Section A (I'll prob be doing Macbeth) and Section B (Macbeth, Frankenstein and Wuthering Heights).

In my college, we do:
Point
Evidence
Explain
Alternate interpretation (Development)
Critical Viewpoint
Context

I'm slightly confused with how to got about analysing and evaluating though.

Also, what would you include in your Introduction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hey guys, I know this thread is quite old but would sincerely appreciate your help. Does anyone know what "rubric infringements" means? My teacher said I couldn't do A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen because originally it wasn't in English. I'm doing Edexcel though. I went onto their website and A Doll's House came under "rubric infringements e.g.because not originally published in English" but other exam boards such as AQA had in previous years given it as a suggestion to study for coursework on their non-reformed qualification/ specification plus students previously have used A Doll's House in their coursework.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending