The Student Room Group

Northern Irish Vacancies

Hi, does anybody know how Northern Irish schools advertise vacancies for teachers (specifically NQT Teachers)? I'm planning on applying far and wide to give myself the best possible chance of finding work. I've found that a lot of councils in England and Wales advertise their vacancies on their websites, but I haven't found anything similar on the council websites in Northern Ireland.
Reply 1
Northern Ireland is split into education and library boards google search the following: - NEELB (North Eastern), SELB(South), SEELB(South Eastern), WELB(Western) and BELB(Belfast). All job vacancies will be advertised on their respective sites. I think - but not 100%- supply is done through gtcni.org.uk. Good luck, unfortunately teaching jobs in NI are few and far between. I've just moved from there to England to apply for my PGCE and all being well, will probably do my NQT here too. From working in schools I knew quite a lot of NQTs who were just doing supply and couldn't get a full year. But if you're not in it you can't win it!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending