The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2016!

Scroll to see replies

That's really annoying, I didn't know about RVC and the work experience questionnaire 😭
Original post by tepeon
Does anyone know when we should start hearing from the unis we went for?
Can be any time between now and March! Last year I heard back first at the end of November (for RVC). Bristol are usually pretty quick off the mark too.

Original post by aye.for.an.aye
That's really annoying, I didn't know about RVC and the work experience questionnaire 😭

Send it now and apologise. In the past they've accepted a few late responses but I can't promise that they will this year. The questionnaires are mentioned online as well as in the prospectus and many people post reminders on here so I'm afraid it's totally at the RVC's discretion whether they'll take a late form, it's advertised enough.

Good luck.
Original post by tepeon
Does anyone know when we should start hearing from the unis we went for?

Liverpool for interview will be before December

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know when Glasgow, Bristol, and Liverpool require you to send in WES? I did Edinburgh the second my application was accepted, but have been unable to find out what to do with regards to the other three - I think Bristol even says you'll be asked to submit your WEX if you're invited for interview?? All it says in their emails from me is that they'll be in touch if they require further information from me and/or make a further decision.
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Can be any time between now and March! Last year I heard back first at the end of November (for RVC). Bristol are usually pretty quick off the mark too.

Send it now and apologise. In the past they've accepted a few late responses but I can't promise that they will this year. The questionnaires are mentioned online as well as in the prospectus and many people post reminders on here so I'm afraid it's totally at the RVC's discretion whether they'll take a late form, it's advertised enough.

Good luck.

It's a complete oversight on my part, I'm applying as a mature student and got so caught up in the other entry requirements that I didn't read about WEX...DOH! I called them as soon as I read your initial post about it and they've let me send my form through to them. I may get a penalty for it, but I'm SO pleased they'll still consider me :tongue:
Original post by Scitty
Does anyone know when Glasgow, Bristol, and Liverpool require you to send in WES? I did Edinburgh the second my application was accepted, but have been unable to find out what to do with regards to the other three - I think Bristol even says you'll be asked to submit your WEX if you're invited for interview?? All it says in their emails from me is that they'll be in touch if they require further information from me and/or make a further decision.

Liverpools must be completed within a week of them sending you the link for the work experience form
Original post by amymaxx
Liverpools must be completed within a week of them sending you the link for the work experience form

Cheers! I just had it sent through to me :smile:
Uhh...since when did RVC require a WEX?!?!?! I've only just heard about this?
Original post by aye.for.an.aye
It's a complete oversight on my part, I'm applying as a mature student and got so caught up in the other entry requirements that I didn't read about WEX...DOH! I called them as soon as I read your initial post about it and they've let me send my form through to them. I may get a penalty for it, but I'm SO pleased they'll still consider me :tongue:

Glad to hear it :yy:

Original post by Squirrel246
Uhh...since when did RVC require a WEX?!?!?! I've only just heard about this?

It's been the case for at least three or four years now. It is mentioned both in their prospectus as well as on their website, under the entry requirements.

The page to fill in the form has now been removed, so again, you're going to have to contact admissions.
Reply 789
Im looking through the RVC prospectus and although they mention SAF, they dont really make it easy to find. All it really says is to check the website, so its there but i guess thats why so many of us missed it until the last second XD
Has anyone received work experience questionnaires from Nottingham or Surrey yet? (I assume they'll be emailed..?)
nope!
Anyone had a confirmation of application email from the vet departments at Edinburgh or Glasgow yet?
Original post by amymaxx
Anyone had a confirmation of application email from the vet departments at Edinburgh or Glasgow yet?

Had mine from Edinburgh :smile:)
Original post by amymaxx

I've had mine from both. Glasgow was just a simple "hey, we got it", Edinburgh included a sort of welcome email (well, there were two) to sign up on their site and manage my application there, including filling out their WES. My application was (finally) sent off on the 14th.

Good luck!
Original post by amymaxx

My Glasgow confirmation arrived a while ago but I suppose the closer you apply to the deadline the longer they'll take to get back to you due to the immense number of applications to sift through 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks everyone, I got acknowledgement emails from both but neither were as specific as Liverpools where there was a generic acknowledgement then one specifically from the veterinary department, have Glasgow/Edinburgh sent those?
Original post by amymaxx
Thanks everyone, I got acknowledgement emails from both but neither were as specific as Liverpools where there was a generic acknowledgement then one specifically from the veterinary department, have Glasgow/Edinburgh sent those?

I only got the standard "thanks for your application" email from Glasgow. Edinburgh sent two emails within 1/2 hr of each other. One was a general acknowledgement, another was an invitation to sign up to MyEd.

Does anyone know when Glasgow wants a WES? I don't want to miss it, but I've looked everywhere!
Original post by Scitty
I only got the standard "thanks for your application" email from Glasgow. Edinburgh sent two emails within 1/2 hr of each other. One was a general acknowledgement, another was an invitation to sign up to MyEd.

Does anyone know when Glasgow wants a WES? I don't want to miss it, but I've looked everywhere!

I have no idea about Glasgow -I'm really worried about missing it too but, like you, I've been unable to find anything on it :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Treen98
I have no idea about Glasgow -I'm really worried about missing it too but, like you, I've been unable to find anything on it :confused:

I have a feeling I've read somewhere that they don't ask about WEX until they invite you for interview, but that sounds really counter-intuitive to me? Surely they'd want to sort out time wasters before interviewing???

I really hope this isn't the case as I'm only predicted AAA at A2 versus the A*AA for standard offer (even if I am aiming for an A* in bio, but w/e), and I was hoping my GCSEs and WEX would give me a slim chance of at least getting to interview stage. :ashamed2: Oops...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending