The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Selinah5
Got an invite today to interview with Glasgow on the 18th December! Brushing up the skills :smile:

I was on the waiting list last year so I'm hoping a better interview will be all I need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo good luck! Glasgow is my top choice so I'm a little jealous :wink: which uni are you hoping to go to?
(edited 8 years ago)
Got an invite today to interview with Glasgow on the 18th December! Brushing up the skills :smile:

I was on the waiting list last year so I'm hoping a better interview will be all I need.

Anyone else applied last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I got one too, mine's is a little before yours though- where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aqsah
thanks for the reply. I have done a lot of research and i did know that right now I only really meet the requirement for Liverpool. I will try and improve my grades but I very much regret that I can improve maths, so if I can do sociology without it completely ruining my chances of veterinary then that would be great. To be honest I think I will only be able to bring citizenship,history and maybe science additional up to an A. Maybe I should look for a backup plan.
is there any other careers you would recommend, judging by my grades? I have thought a lot about this but nothing other than pharmacy comes to mind.
Thanks again.

At the end of the day, you only need one offer, so don't give up! Get your head down and try and drag some of those grades up to an A to make them up to 5, and even then, if the A's are not in the subjects they want, you'll still have 5 so it's worth a shot! You have enough time to really work at your exams and bring your grades up.

Vet med is a very exam based degree, and you have to be in the right mind set to go into it. But if it's what you've always wanted to do, it's possible to achieve. For Liverpool, yes you need those grades but if you work at your work experience too, you'll be a better overall candidate. I never got brilliant grades at school, and I'm a second year at Liverpool now, so if vet med is what you want to do, you go get it and you work hard to get there, and it will pay off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Treen98
Congrats! I got one too, mine's is a little before yours though- where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied Glasgow, RVC, Bristol and Nottingham 6 year programme.

I've been rejected from Bristol and gotten an interview with Glasgow.. Just waiting on RVC and Notts :smile:

What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied Glasgow, RVC, Bristol and Nottingham 6 year programme.

I've been rejected from Bristol and gotten an interview with Glasgow.. Just waiting on RVC and Notts :smile:

What about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've just heard from Glasgow so far, I'm still waiting on Notts, Liverpool and Surrey

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="lilygrace07;60664761"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo good luck! Glasgow is my top choice so I'm a little jealous :wink: which uni are you hoping to go to?

Ah definitely Glasgow! I live within walking distance of the campus anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Selinah5;60666511"]
Original post by lilygrace07

Ah definitely Glasgow! I live within walking distance of the campus anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's handy, are you planning on living at home or in accommodation?
Original post by roxanepfund
I just received an interview offer from Edinburgh :smile: So happy! Has anyone else heard back from them?

Hi roxanepfund,

So have I! Congratulations on your interview offer :smile: xx
Hey guys, has anyone else received interview offers from Bristol and are planning to attend the interviews on the 25th? c:
Original post by marianneac
Has anyone else gotten interview offers from Bristol?

I got one but can't attend on either of the dates offered.
Reply 990
Just received email from Bristol stating

Thank you for your application to study Veterinary Science (BVSc) at the University of Bristol.

I am writing to let you know that we are still considering your application, but are not yet able to make a decision. We are assessing applications on a daily basis, but as we receive a large number of high-quality applications this may take a little while.

Anyone else received the same email?
Original post by Tian97

Thank you for your application to study Veterinary Science (BVSc) at the University of Bristol.

I am writing to let you know that we are still considering your application, but are not yet able to make a decision. We are assessing applications on a daily basis, but as we receive a large number of high-quality applications this may take a little while.

Ive already got an interview for veterinary at Bristol but I just got the same email about biochemistry, my fifth option.
Original post by Tian97

I got that same email! I've not heard back from any of my other choices either :frown:
Reply 993
Original post by vetstudent113
Ive already got an interview for veterinary at Bristol but I just got the same email about biochemistry, my fifth option.

Congrats! When did you receive the interview offer?
Original post by Tian97
Congrats! When did you receive the interview offer?

Thank you! I got it on Thursday morning :smile: it's on 2nd December
Its horrible not hearing from Liverpool! They said mid-November! Surely we must hear soon??
Original post by Megs-
I also received a rejection from Bristol. Just waiting to hear from Liverpool and Surrey. Anyone else? Let me know if you hear anything :smile:

did they tell you why you were rejected? did your predicted grades meet their requirements? hope you will hear from Liverpool and Surrey soon
Reply 997
Original post by hilaryplz
did they tell you why you were rejected? did your predicted grades meet their requirements? hope you will hear from Liverpool and Surrey soon

No they did not state why I was rejected! Yeah my predicted grades potentially exceeded the requirements really so it's kinda confusing haha! Yeah fingers crossed! I can't believe Liverpool and Surrey haven't started sending interview offers out yet, although I suppose it is still early!

Anyone else applied last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! What time is yours?
[QUOTE="lilygrace07;60668899"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's handy, are you planning on living at home or in accommodation?

I'll definitely live at home, money is a huge limiting factor for me unfortunately. What's your plan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending