The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Megrob
Congratulations!! I got rejected from Nottingham yesterday so it's such a relief for me too! Is yours on the 2nd too??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get rejected from Nottingham yesterday too, so was really down, but this has cheered me up. Yeah, mine is the 2nd at 1:00pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Victoria Holman
What made you choose Surrey? I'm hoping for an interview there as I am a mature student and it is the most sensible place for me to go bearing in mind family commitments etc.
Also when did you hear? Very few people have heard from Surrey so far this year! I am hoping it might be a little easier to get an interview for as it is so new - what do you think? Wishful thinking?

Hey I'm a mature student at Surrey. I did a previous degree in Bioveterinary science. Can I ask what your educational background is? A previous degree - particularly a biology/animal/science based one - would give you a bit of a competitive edge and would probably make you more likely to get an interview :smile:
Reply 1582
Original post by BethJohnston
I get rejected from Nottingham yesterday too, so was really down, but this has cheered me up. Yeah, mine is the 2nd at 1:00pm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's exactly the same as mine! See you there!! I'm so happy! Had myself convinced it was gonna be 4 rejections!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by equitab
Any interviews from Nottingham yet?!

I got a rejection last night... 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Catriona98
I got a rejection last night... 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry to hear, me too, have you heard from any other of your University's yet?
Original post by cgunter
I'm sorry to hear, me too, have you heard from any other of your University's yet?

Yeah, thank goodness! I've had a Liverpool interview and got Edinburgh tomorrow!!! 😬 And then Glasgow on Friday! So I really cant complain... I live in Glasgow so one of the Scottish unis would obviously be my preference but it's still nice to be asked!
What about you? How're you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, thank goodness! I've had a Liverpool interview and got Edinburgh tomorrow!!! 😬 And then Glasgow on Friday! So I really cant complain... I live in Glasgow so one of the Scottish unis would obviously be my preference but it's still nice to be asked!
What about you? How're you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, a week on friday... So the 18th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, a week on friday... So the 18th

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow well done that's impressive!! I have an RVC interview next week which I'm very happy about (I live in the south east) and I have been rejected by Nottingham and I believe Liverpool have not given me an interview :frown: but I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh if they are still sending out interviews! Goodluck with your next interview!!
Original post by Megrob
Yeah that's exactly the same as mine! See you there!! I'm so happy! Had myself convinced it was gonna be 4 rejections!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, I was pretty much planning my gap year haha. I'm glad it's a while away because it gives us loads of time to prepare!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cgunter
wow well done that's impressive!! I have an RVC interview next week which I'm very happy about (I live in the south east) and I have been rejected by Nottingham and I believe Liverpool have not given me an interview :frown: but I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh if they are still sending out interviews! Goodluck with your next interview!!

Edinburgh is still giving out interviews as far as I'm aware... I'm sure you'll be fine! Getting into the RVC is really impressive! You must've got a really good BMAT! As long as you stay calm and perform to your best I'm sure you'll get in, its just so frustrating because everyone seems so capable its just there's not enough places 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
has anyone been rejected from Edinburgh yet?
Got rejected from the RVC 😞
Edinburgh is still giving out interviews as far as I'm aware... I'm sure you'll be fine! Getting into the RVC is really impressive! You must've got a really good BMAT! As long as you stay calm and perform to your best I'm sure you'll get in, its just so frustrating because everyone seems so capable its just there's not enough places 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting me know about Edinburgh Catriona! and yes thank you haha I'm just grateful to have at least one interview! you must have great work experience placements, I really struggled in finding some on occasions! I agree, there are so many amazing applicants that unfortunately don't manage a place the first time round :frown: I wish you the best of luck in getting a place this year, as well as getting the grades in the spring/summer! :-)
Have an interview for Edi on 2 March! :h: Check your e-mails, guys, as I think they're sending a batch out to English students!
Reply 1594
Original post by robotcat
has anyone been rejected from Edinburgh yet?

Yes I was rejected from ed 2 weeks ago! Received an interview offer from Nottingham today however which was a relief!
Hi everyone, I am a second year studying veterinary medicine at the RVC. I saw a couple of people worrying about BMAT scores?? It feels like a while ago now but when I did apply I know my BMAT scores in the first two sections were below average and not great. I did well in the essay section but not in the other sections. I think the BMAT score is mainly used to decide between two very similar candidates as a last filter so to speak. Your application is looked at as a whole first. Good luck to everyone having interviews and if I can help or anyone has any questions feel free to ask :smile: just preparing for an exam coming up but I will try to answer as soon as I can. :smile:
Original post by VETwannabe
Hey I'm a mature student at Surrey. I did a previous degree in Bioveterinary science. Can I ask what your educational background is? A previous degree - particularly a biology/animal/science based one - would give you a bit of a competitive edge and would probably make you more likely to get an interview :smile:

Oh if only... I have a 2/1 in History and currently work in communications! I've got an interview for RVC so that is giving me hope that Surrey will consider me too - especially as I went to the Open Day and they did say they like mature students! My grades were always quite good at school but that was a looong time ago - I'm 30 now! I'm just hoping that all the work experience and Chem/Bio I have done (together with a full time job to afford the fees), will make them see how committed I am!

How many mature students are there at Surrey? My freshers days are long gone and I would like to be somewhere where I don't feel too old :smile:
Reply 1597
Hi, does anyone know if Bristol have given out all of their interview invites?
If my interview at the RVC starts at 1.30, what time will it be over?!
Hi everyone, I hope the applications are all going okay.
Does anyone know when Liverpool will send out offers/rejections after interview? I'm guessing they won't start sending offers until after they've interviewed everyone and probably after Christmas but was just wondering if anyone had heard anything :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending