The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2016!

Scroll to see replies

So relieved to have received an offer from Liverpool yesterday!! Can't believe it's actually all becoming real now :colondollar:
Original post by chuckbeansy
Liverpool offer!!!! So happy!!!!!

(I'm a reapplicant, four interviews last year, four post-interview rejections, change of heart by Nottingham after my rejection then missed the grades I needed to take up the offer - I'm re-sitting in the summer. So as twisty and turny a journey to vet school as you can make it, hopefully this time I will get there)

Ahh I remember you from the 2015 thread, so glad you've got another offer :biggrin: Best of luck with your exams- you're so close now!

Congrats to everyone else also :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Awesome awesome awesome!
rejection from liverpool :frown:
I still have to hear back from surrey about anything and rvc post interview, but this has smacked reality into me about my chances and I'm just really worried over it all :/ (They could have spared the bad news until after xmas! ha)
Original post by therewillberain
rejection from liverpool :frown:
I still have to hear back from surrey about anything and rvc post interview, but this has smacked reality into me about my chances and I'm just really worried over it all :/ (They could have spared the bad news until after xmas! ha)

Haha my thoughts exactly. The bad news was softened a little by my boss at my xmas job saying he was impressed enough with my work to offer a potential full time work there so... it wasn't all bad. Just sad that my two top choices (Glasgow and Liverpool) rejected me, and now I'm left with the two I didn't particularly want to go to (but I'll take veterinary at anywhere over nothing/another degree any day!)

I have a feeling why I was rejected, but I'm going to wait until after xmas before looking for feedback. Just want to enjoy the holidays now aha.
Original post by Scitty
Haha my thoughts exactly. The bad news was softened a little by my boss at my xmas job saying he was impressed enough with my work to offer a potential full time work there so... it wasn't all bad. Just sad that my two top choices (Glasgow and Liverpool) rejected me, and now I'm left with the two I didn't particularly want to go to (but I'll take veterinary at anywhere over nothing/another degree any day!)

I have a feeling why I was rejected, but I'm going to wait until after xmas before looking for feedback. Just want to enjoy the holidays now aha.

yeah I think I can guess where I went wrong, but I didnt think I'd done that badly. My mind went completely blank when asked about a clinical case I'd seen, but other than that I'm not sure :/
fingers crossed for your other two and congrats with the job :smile:
Original post by therewillberain
yeah I think I can guess where I went wrong, but I didnt think I'd done that badly. My mind went completely blank when asked about a clinical case I'd seen, but other than that I'm not sure :/
fingers crossed for your other two and congrats with the job :smile:

This is your last warning do not post spoilers - AC
(edited 8 years ago)
Offer from Liverpool!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1787
Well done to everyone who's got offers so far! :smile:
Original post by lturner777
hi everyone. I got an offer for Liverpool today, it's my second year applying and the only offer I have so far. I just wanted to say to everyone not to give up hope. You only need one offer! Different unis have different applicants and are looking for slightly different things so one rejection doesn't mean you won't get a place somewhere else! I thought my interview went terribly so it just shows it hasn't always gone the way you thought. And for people who don't get in this year, a gap year is brilliant and gives you the opportunity to gain so much more work experience. I was gutted when I didn't get in last year and hearing about people getting in the second time round helped me a lot. GOOD LUCK everyone, your hard work will pay off at some point.

What date was your interview?
Original post by Scitty
Well, a) .

Scitty, you have been asked many times not to talk about interview questions. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hopefully not too many others got interview questions. Next person I see will be carded
Original post by steele.s.e
What date was your interview?

3rd December :smile:
Ahhh, so happy to get a Liverpool offer yesterday! I wasn't expecting to hear anything until january as I was only interviewed on the 16th! haha
Reply 1793
Did anyone with a Liverpool offer feel like some of their mini stations went well but some didn't? I had an rvc interview and most stations went quite well I think but there was one I really didn't enjoy, just hoping I still have chance of an offer :s-smilie: well done to everyone getting their offers!
Reply 1794
Hey everyone, I just got an offer from Liverpool for the 5-year BVsC course.

Really surprised that I got an offer so early.

Also have an interview to Edinburgh on March 2nd and Nottingham on Feb 3rd. Anybody else also have these dates?

If any of you are receiving any rejections don't be too hard on yourself - I got 5 rejections in 2013 and consequently did some travelling, got a veterinary apprenticeship and now feel so much more ready for the course and the challenges ahead. Good luck everyone! Enjoy your Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone,

I finally got an offer for Liverpool yesterday i also have all 4 interviews (Liv, RVC, Bristol and Notts) two of which are yet to come. for all of you who are stressing don't worry it takes one offer to get in and if you don't get in this year you can always take a year to build your application and you will be better for it !!
Reply 1796
Original post by LukeHR
Hey everyone, I just got an offer from Liverpool for the 5-year BVsC course.

Really surprised that I got an offer so early.

Also have an interview to Edinburgh on March 2nd and Nottingham on Feb 3rd. Anybody else also have these dates?

If any of you are receiving any rejections don't be too hard on yourself - I got 5 rejections in 2013 and consequently did some travelling, got a veterinary apprenticeship and now feel so much more ready for the course and the challenges ahead. Good luck everyone! Enjoy your Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have Edinburgh on the same day. Might see you there!
I've been rejected from Nottingham and Liverpool so far and still waiting to hear from Bristol so it's good to hear that having some time off can be a positive if my interview doesn't go well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has Bristol sent out all of their interview invitations? I still haven't heard from them... :frown:
Original post by No lollygagging
Has Bristol sent out all of their interview invitations? I still haven't heard from them... :frown:

No not yet! They will still be sending them out into February (interviews go on into March)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rlh96
Did anyone with a Liverpool offer feel like some of their mini stations went well but some didn't? I had an rvc interview and most stations went quite well I think but there was one I really didn't enjoy, just hoping I still have chance of an offer :s-smilie: well done to everyone getting their offers!

Exactly that, some went really well, some were okay, and some I was worried about, I suppose it matters more about how well you do on the ones you do well on if they're just adding up points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending