The Student Room Group

Is it possible to delete specific web history on iPhone 4S?

Hello, is it possible to delete a single website history entry from the iPhone 4S?

Somebody was using my phone (with my knowledge, wasn't a problem). Then when I did the double click on the home button a little later that day I saw a website on the safari tab which was of great interest to me. However I didn't have time to check it out.

When I went back to my phone a little later (after being used by that same somebody again) there was no trace of that website in the internet history. Zilch, nadda?!

How can that be? If it was showing on the double click screen it was the last website logged and viewed on Safari. Even if it was an old page booted up from the multiple tabs, it would create a new history entry.

The logical explanation has to be that the page was deleted. Or am I wrong? Thank you very much if you're able to help with this, the issue is troubling me!
Reply 1
Just tried on a friends iPhone 4 and it doesn't work (left swipe, or right swipe). Is the 4S different? Are you trying this yourself mate?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Isn't that just deleting cache and cookies? Pretty sure it will not delete the web history for the entry.
Reply 3
Yeah, just deleted EVERYTHING from that above option mate, all of my history is still showing though in Safari.

Unless an iPhone 4 is different to a 4S? My 4S is at home sadly and I'm only trying on a here at work.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Punishmen
Yeah it is different to S, you can clear on that one. So the missing link was on 4?

Nah on 4S mate.

You're definately sure you can swipe Internet history away one by one in 4S? I'm going to look like a dick if I get this wrong as I have to confront somebody about something... :confused:
Reply 5
Hi mate,

in that video it shows cookies / data being deleted, but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't lead to a website history being altered!? Would it?
Just having a look on my 5 now, it seems like this was what happened. OP-your friend probably put Safari into private mode, so that the website wouldn't later show up in the history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending