The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Firmers for 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sharko109
There's a pre-fresher's field trip?? We shall meet indeed ^_^ this fresher's week sounds fun!! Wooots can't wait to meer u guys there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I think it's for three days or a week, and we go on a field trip to meet each other, and yes freshers is going to be amaze!

When did you decide on Bristol? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 61
Just firmed!! So excited for this fall!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, congrats to all of you who already have offers and good luck to those still waiting!

I would like to invite you to join my friend's group here -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/648056311904240/ - a few friends of mine and I joined as well (we are current students), and you can ask all types of questions there, also browse for pictures of different accommodations or just get to know your future coursemates! :smile:
Original post by hazel.red.leaf
Hey, congrats to all of you who already have offers and good luck to those still waiting!

I would like to invite you to join my friend's group here -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/648056311904240/ - a few friends of mine and I joined as well (we are current students), and you can ask all types of questions there, also browse for pictures of different accommodations or just get to know your future coursemates! :smile:

I don't have Facebook! Am I going to be seriously disadvantaged socially because of this....?
Original post by puella_optima
I don't have Facebook! Am I going to be seriously disadvantaged socially because of this....?

Oh, not at all! You will still meet a lot of people - at your accommodation, on your course, societies, different events etc. It does help but is not vital! :smile:
Reply 65
I have firmed Bristol!

Any Engineers here? How much do you revise? Have you started revising?
Reply 66
I firmed Mathematics earlier this week!
Pretty exciting stuff. What do people think the chances of getting in to HB's new SC bit? Looks ideal, but i feel it'll be over subscribed :s-smilie:
Oh, not at all! You will still meet a lot of people - at your accommodation, on your course, societies, different events etc. It does help but is not vital! :smile:

I don't think so! The only thing I find though is that when meeting loads of new people, facebook can help put names to faces and when you have that awkward "who are you again...?" moment you can just sneakily look them up on facebook if you've added them.

Original post by drcrazyka
I firmed Mathematics earlier this week!
Pretty exciting stuff. What do people think the chances of getting in to HB's new SC bit? Looks ideal, but i feel it'll be over subscribed :s-smilie:

I'm thinking exactly the same! Would like to know the price soonish so I can see if its feasible anyway... but yeah I think as people have already mentioned, it'll be full of people who want SC in SB but think UH is too grim hahah.
Reply 68
Anyone else doing engineering maths?
(edited 10 years ago)
Firmed for history XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Firmed for 'Palaeontology and Evolution'.
Just went to a post-offer visit day for Earth Sciences at Bristol yesterday, was completely won over by the familiarity and friendliness within the department. Can't wait till September!
:biggrin:
Original post by Kiwi789
Firmed for 'Palaeontology and Evolution'.
Just went to a post-offer visit day for Earth Sciences at Bristol yesterday, was completely won over by the familiarity and friendliness within the department. Can't wait till September!
:biggrin:

Hey, same dept, earth sciences, or were you based in the bio dept? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Hey, same dept, earth sciences, or were you based in the bio dept? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I'm based in the earth sciences department, though there was mention that we would also have a room (or something like that) in the new Life Sciences building when they finish building it. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kiwi789
I think I'm based in the earth sciences department, though there was mention that we would also have a room (or something like that) in the new Life Sciences building when they finish building it. :smile:

Yeah, because is like 2/3 geol and 1/3 bio. I had a lot of deliberation between Manchester and Bristol (geol btw) but the lecturers at Bristol were just so nice so I just went for it. :tongue:

Where else did you get offers from. It's sort of a unique course. Did you apply for anthro etc at other places ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by thejeangenie
I don't think so! The only thing I find though is that when meeting loads of new people, facebook can help put names to faces and when you have that awkward "who are you again...?" moment you can just sneakily look them up on facebook if you've added them.

I'm thinking exactly the same! Would like to know the price soonish so I can see if its feasible anyway... but yeah I think as people have already mentioned, it'll be full of people who want SC in SB but think UH is too grim hahah.

Yeah i agree, would like to know before i decide whether or not SB or Clifton will have to be the choice. T be honest, i wouldn't mind being in UH that much, but not my favourite by any stretch of the imagination!
To be honest, I don't expect self-catered Hiatt Baker to be oversubscribed. Manor Hall was fully refurbished (and, damn, it's brand new and lovely) but because it was closed for a whole year, it was undersubscribed. I imagine the same will be with Hiatt Baker this year, and if it's really nice etc, it will be oversubscribed next year (which I expect about Manor as well). :smile:
Reply 76
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Yeah, because is like 2/3 geol and 1/3 bio. I had a lot of deliberation between Manchester and Bristol (geol btw) but the lecturers at Bristol were just so nice so I just went for it. :tongue:

Where else did you get offers from. It's sort of a unique course. Did you apply for anthro etc at other places ? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually just applied for zoology elsewhere; St. Andrews, Southampton and Bristol (I applied for two courses at Bristol just in case I didn't get the place for Palaeo), so nothing quite so unique as anthro:tongue:.
Original post by Kiwi789
I actually just applied for zoology elsewhere; St. Andrews, Southampton and Bristol (I applied for two courses at Bristol just in case I didn't get the place for Palaeo), so nothing quite so unique as anthro:tongue:.

Oh so did you see the zoology dept at Bristol? And how on earth did you write your PS for both? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by SinaMonfared11
I firmed Bristol for engineering maths, and I have an unconditional so I'll definitely be strutting my stuff in September. The arrival day for Bristol is on my birthday too so it's going to be especially merry for me! Anyone for Goldney Hall and rowing and athletics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just Firmed Bristol For Economics.
Nice to see another Persian going there! :wink::cool:
Original post by drcrazyka
Yeah i agree, would like to know before i decide whether or not SB or Clifton will have to be the choice. T be honest, i wouldn't mind being in UH that much, but not my favourite by any stretch of the imagination!

Yep! Haha, UH is probably my first choice I would think.

To be honest, I don't expect self-catered Hiatt Baker to be oversubscribed. Manor Hall was fully refurbished (and, damn, it's brand new and lovely) but because it was closed for a whole year, it was undersubscribed. I imagine the same will be with Hiatt Baker this year, and if it's really nice etc, it will be oversubscribed next year (which I expect about Manor as well). :smile:

I very much hope you're right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending