The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Syntax
I need to remember to switch from Barclays, because they're kinda rubbish. And I want free stuff. The rail card looks like the best idea.. but I think I've recieved the most advertising crap from HSBC and have been sufficiently brainwashed into choosing them.

I signed up to HSBC, as i already had a pre-student account with them.. then heard about Natwest - so i went into HSBC today and canceled it and joined with Natwest to get the free 5 year rail card. What Natwest fail to freely advertise is that you need to sign up to their credit card in order to get the perks such as the free rail card and overdraft facility.... kinda dangerous - i just know that i would use it!..sooo im gona cut it up as soon as i get it! Safest way :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 21
Do you?! I haven't applied for a credit card and I'm getting a railcard and have already had my overdraft. Just ask to apply for a student account without the credit card then, once you're done, ask when the railcard application form will arrive.
squirly
Do you?! I haven't applied for a credit card and I'm getting a railcard and have already had my overdraft. Just ask to apply for a student account without the credit card then, once you're done, ask when the railcard application form will arrive.

Bastards at Natwest Bath Branch! Bet they were lying to me! The blokey said i HAD to sign up to their student credit card in order to get the 5 year rail card and overdraft.. he said i could use the credit card for a 'rainy day'. I wouldn't trust myself with a credit card, so i'm going to destroy it as soon as i get it!
thenaughtyjoker
Bastards at Natwest Bath Branch! Bet they were lying to me! The blokey said i HAD to sign up to their student credit card in order to get the 5 year rail card and overdraft.. he said i could use the credit card for a 'rainy day'. I wouldn't trust myself with a credit card, so i'm going to destroy it as soon as i get it!

Or... you could give it to me?? :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending