The Student Room Group

how do i change the university on my student finance form?

I started applying for student finance and I put down the university I thought I wanted to go to, however I hadnt chosen my firm yet. I've since chosen my firm and its a different uni to the one on my student finance form. I've looked all over the website and googled it but i cant find anywhere to change the university choice. any idea how to do it?
Reply 1
Original post by waxfilledtin
I started applying for student finance and I put down the university I thought I wanted to go to, however I hadnt chosen my firm yet. I've since chosen my firm and its a different uni to the one on my student finance form. I've looked all over the website and googled it but i cant find anywhere to change the university choice. any idea how to do it?

I swear it says right on the finance page as I was contemplating changing - if I remember it said to contact them asap - just give them a ringgg :smile: Pretty sure you can only change by calling not online
Reply 2
Original post by marinaim
I swear it says right on the finance page as I was contemplating changing - if I remember it said to contact them asap - just give them a ringgg :smile: Pretty sure you can only change by calling not online

haha no, i cant see where it says that anywhere, but thanks! :tongue:
i'll probably just have to ring them tomorrow then, or monday if they arent open sundays. hopefully i can sort it :smile:
Did you manage to sort it out? Please let me know as I am in the same position right now and stressing out like crazy! Thank you
Reply 4
If you call up they will tell you what I'm going to tell you now.

You can change anything on your application by completing a paper form and only the sections you want updating, you must also provide a cover letter to explain what you want.
Reply 5
Original post by needsomeadvice12
Did you manage to sort it out? Please let me know as I am in the same position right now and stressing out like crazy! Thank you

haha, no i didnt, i rang up but they asked for a number and i didn't have one so i just hung up. I couldve rung back again and picked a different option but i've just not got round to it yet.. oops. have you managed to sort it?
Original post by waxfilledtin
haha, no i didnt, i rang up but they asked for a number and i didn't have one so i just hung up. I couldve rung back again and picked a different option but i've just not got round to it yet.. oops. have you managed to sort it?

Not yet, but I phoned them and they said once they've recieved my signed declaration form and the whole application has been processed and approved, you'll then get the option online to make changes on your application e.g. course, place of study, amount of loan etc. and they'll reassess it and send you a new entitlement letter. It sounds quite straightforward and simple to me and I really hope this is the case! Because I've read on other threads that you have to sign paper forms and write cover letters but usually it takes a long time to process which leads to delays. I hope thats not the case, they told me it wasnt on the phone but we'll just have to wait and see. I wish I didnt rush into things in the first place now but all we can do now is wait and hope for the best. Good luck with yours and I hope everything sorts out for us both!
Reply 7
I have the same problem here the one I put onto my application is not any 1 of my 5 choices!!!!! being stupid. however i have kind of made my 'firm' but um still waiting for 2. I received the declaration form today completely shocked!!! need to discuss it with my teacher tomorrow....
Reply 8
Hey guys im having the same problem i have recently changed my details online but having a major stress out as i cannot track my application and the only thing i can do is wait for the entitlement letter to come. Can anybody tell me how long it takes for the changes to happen. :mad::eek::eek:
Original post by Sammie786
Hey guys im having the same problem i have recently changed my details online but having a major stress out as i cannot track my application and the only thing i can do is wait for the entitlement letter to come. Can anybody tell me how long it takes for the changes to happen. :mad::eek::eek:

I called them and they said 3-4 working days if you have everything sorted but have just changed the Uni. Its been over 4 and no change, am not surprised tbh, I'm going to call them monday
Original post by cjhamping
I called them and they saoid 3-4 working days if you have everything sorted but have just changed the Uni. Its been over 4 and no change, am not surprised tbh, I'm going to call them monday

Oh dear that's not good it had said it may take 6 weeks for the changes but my friend had said it took 2 weeks for her entitlement letter to come through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending