The Student Room Group

What motivates girls to 'cockblock'?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Mankytoes
Wow, not true at all. Just read this thread to see numerous examples of how that isn't true.

What you need is a friend to counter-cockblock. I was once pulling a girl, and her friend clearly wasn't happy, one of those occasions where she was clearly more attractive and getting all the attention. My mate started dancing with her, but she wasn't having any of it and was clearly annoyed. It ended up with my mate basically just blocking her off (it was a crowded dance floor so she couldn't get round), which was successful.

Now that's being a good friend.

Your friend sounds like a deity and awesome to an extreme degree.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Friendly11
Your friend sounds like a deity and awesome to an extreme degree.

It was an inspirational moment. Since then, I've always strived to be the best wingman I can be. Pass on the love.
Reply 42
It was an inspirational moment. Since then, I've always strived to be the best wingman I can be. Pass on the love.

I love the image of your friend dancing in that prudes way as she desperately tries to ruin the special moment you and that female were having.
Original post by SkAlley
YES, I'M GLAD SOMEONE FINALLY SAID IT!!
Literally the first thought that came to mind was jealousy, none of this sister solidarity/looking out for your mates stuff lol :tongue:
If she was JUST dancing with him, I seriously see no need to cockblock :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol. I leave my friends to it. Unless the guy is trying kidnap my friend or something then I'll intervene!
Reply 44
Wow, not true at all. Just read this thread to see numerous examples of how that isn't true.

What you need is a friend to counter-cockblock. I was once pulling a girl, and her friend clearly wasn't happy, one of those occasions where she was clearly more attractive and getting all the attention. My mate started dancing with her, but she wasn't having any of it and was clearly annoyed. It ended up with my mate basically just blocking her off (it was a crowded dance floor so she couldn't get round), which was successful.

Now that's being a good friend.

That's amazing. Maybe guys should do this more often. Just drag the annoying hag away and literally brute force her away from the man at work.
Original post by JaiiStarh
Personally I think 'cockblocking' is a myth. My female friends will only try and drag me away from talking to a guy if he's unattractive and/or they can tell I'm feeling uncomfortable.

If I really want to talk to a guy and I'm enjoying the conversation and I want to give him my number there's nothing my friends can do to 'cockblock'.
Clock blocking is just an excuse for guys with no game in my opinion. :tongue:

Why do you need to be dragged away from talking to unattractive guys?
Reply 46
Original post by a chinese loser
If she is drunk, she might just be having fun? If she is single its completely fine whatever the hell happens to her.

The girl that stops her is the one who is sober and probably does not have the confidence to do the same.

I know from experience, this is what girls do. It is not to protect their friend. As much as girls say they do, it is always the ones that are sober or not getting any attention that do these kind of stuff.

or the.. "DONT WANNA GO HOME ALONE, GONNA BRING HER HOME WITH ME"

And when she gets to his place and is no longer having a good time and/or starts to regret her decision, while he's expecting something from her - not taking no as an answer? It's all fine though, right?
Original post by That Bearded Man
Why do you need to be dragged away from talking to unattractive guys?

Beer goggles

That's pretty bitchy. Maybe you have a different view of attractive than them? Or you're just enjoying his company?

Some girls feel it's their duty to stop their friends being "sluts"- sadly, slut shaming does regularly occur within female groups. My girlfriend had a friend like this, she lectured her the first time we got together, and the next time literally tried to pull her away, she had to really tell her to go away. That was really nice though, because girls normally just go with their friends, even if they clearly don't want to.

Lol its not bitchy at all, my friends just know what my type is. But if I'm enjoying the conversation I won't allow my friends to pull me away anyway.
I don't know what kind of old school females you and your girlfriend know but I can assure you none of my friends, or any of the females I know will slut shame a female for talking to a guy who is trying to chat her up lol.
But exactly, if a female is interested she will tell her friend to back off. What men view as 'cockblocking' is usually just our friends saving us. Some females even have special signals which they slyly give to their friends to rescue them lol.
Reply 48
Original post by Welsh_insomniac
Let's not make this debate personal. I have been in a position when a girl latches on. It does get awkward but I deal with it myself. Its easy to walk away and hide with friends. The OP described a very different scenario whereby they are both enjoying each others company but a friend swoops in a dragged the girl away claiming it was for her own benefit. You wouldn't normally find that within a male group of friends. When you do its usually resentment for that particular girl and they will make their intentions clear about that.

lol okay okay that has some truth in it
Reply 49
Original post by Friendly11
I am sorry but your illiteracy and poor grammar makes it hard indeed to decipher your comment.

uhh okay...decipher another comment then
Original post by a chinese loser
If she is drunk, she might just be having fun? If she is single its completely fine whatever the hell happens to her.

And this is why girls get raped. Your username is very apt.
Reply 51
I'm definitely not a munter.

I do understand what her reasoning may have been, but the need to go and manipulate what happened when she went back to campus suggests it was personal! As soon I got back a few hours later, it was the hot topic, but I guess girls talk..
Original post by JaiiStarh

Lol its not bitchy at all, my friends just know what my type is.
But if I'm enjoying the conversation I won't allow my friends to pull me away anyway.
I don't know what kind of old school females you and your girlfriend know but I can assure you none of my friends, or any of the females I know will slut shame a female for talking to a guy who is trying to chat her up lol.
But exactly, if a female is interested she will tell her friend to back off. What men view as 'cockblocking' is usually just our friends saving us. Some females even have special signals which they slyly give to their friends to rescue them lol.

But if he's not your type, then why not get rid of him yourself? If you mean they're saving you from a creeper, surely some signal would be better than them assuming.

Well I was trying to be coy, but I meant we'd had a one night stand, which her friend disagreed with, so she was "saving" her from me. As soon as I asked her out she suddenly wanted to get on with me...

But you shouldn't have to tell your friends to back off, they're supposed to be your friends.

I know plenty of guys don't, but I think most guys know when a girl isn't interested, they just stop answering properly, giving one word answers and looking away. You still get a fair bit of cockblocking. It certainly isn't just women, I remember finally managing to dance with an Asian girl, and some Asian guy who was with her just forcing his way in between us and staring me down. My appeals that she should choose who she wants to dance with didn't persuade him.
Reply 53
wanna avoid all of this social economics? Then be ****ing, ridiculously good looking.
I would do it to stop my friends doing something they would probably really regret (and save me having a dmc about it the next day lol)
I hate the word cock. *Shudders*
Reply 56
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, I went out with a big group on Thursday, who all knew each other. Unsurprisingly, some of us were quite drunk. Getting to the point, one of the girl was getting dancing with me, and we were getting pretty close, until her friend then went and cock-blocked the **** out of me in someway and sent the girl home pretty much

To make matters worse, when the girl who stepped in got back to campus, she told all the other girls, and probably made me seem like I was being a creep of some kind.

So what's usually the motive behind cockblocking?

Girls are genetically jealous, how can you not know that. They don't want their mates to be happy, they will even sleep with you to break you guys/couples up even if it's their best friend.
Reply 57
Original post by iamintorture
I hate the word cock. *Shudders*

Does it remind you of meat balls?
Reply 58
Because they don't think you're good enough for their friend. Even though why the hell is it any of their business?

Also in your circumstance the fact that you keep saying you were both "quite hammered" may have something to do with them "rescuing" their friend.

I hate it when boys try and cockblock by saying, "she's not single" or "she's my girlfriend" when clearly she's not. Go away and mind your own business! Why do boys do this? (I know why - jealousy) That's what I want to know. Usually it's public school rugby type guys who do this I've noticed. Maybe it's a Masonic conspiracy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by uberteknik
And this is why girls get raped. Your username is very apt.

You know, not every single male is a rapist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending