The Student Room Group

Access to health science at Horsforth campus anyone sep 2014?

Hi! I had my interview today and received an invitation for a place in september 2014, I know it's early days but wondered who else will be studying there this year? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I got an offer too today! Were you at 3pm??
Reply 2
Original post by Hawkit
Hi I got an offer too today! Were you at 3pm??

Yes I was! :smile:
3pm group on the Tuesday. Were you there? I might remember you....:biggrin:
Reply 3
Thank you Parry! That is a very kind offer and if I think of anything (brain is dead right now) I will be sure to give you a shout :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi-sorry-I forgot my username and password!!!! I was sat alone near the window, hoping I go on and study midwifery. I'm from York. Just got my letter in the post yesterday too!!!! Where were you????
Parry, does it start at 9am or 9.30???? Is there any books that would benifit us haveing??? Just thought if we know if advance it gives us time to search eBay!
Reply 5
Thanks-what time did you finish???? I imagine starting at 12.30 is a ball ache-kinda wastes all morning lol
Reply 6
Original post by Hawkit
Hi-sorry-I forgot my username and password!!!! I was sat alone near the window, hoping I go on and study midwifery. I'm from York. Just got my letter in the post yesterday too!!!! Where were you????
Parry, does it start at 9am or 9.30???? Is there any books that would benifit us haveing??? Just thought if we know if advance it gives us time to search eBay!

I think I know who you are now Hawkit! Do you have brown hair? I'm the big girl who opened door for you and I sat in middle then was moved to do math bskb test with the girls at the back. LOL. I remember you saying you was wanting to do midwifery. I'm wanting to do adult nursing with maybe an interest in theatre nursing?? Not sure.. hours may be all wrong for a family, I have 3 young children! I have a friend in london currently doing this course right now who has recommended some books to me that they are using.. Not sure how helpful if we end up doing other ones but I suppose it's all good for learning. The first book I have purchased which she told me too is great for the anatomy of the body and all its parts and the way it works etc skeletel system, muscular system , nervous system... etc etc and even if it's not on the curriculum it can't hurt to get ahead in the game and try to learn some, if not all of it by the time we start in september. Give me a message or something if you want to know which one it is :smile:
Reply 7
Oh gosh, I was hoping for a 9.30 start everyday, so I could get the kids off to school so I could get to college on time! Looks like it's breakfast club for them and an early start! :/
Reply 8
Original post by Hawkit

What letter did you receive hun? I don't think I've had any letter.. Just the congratulations card on the day.
Reply 9
Hey :smile: I have have 3 girls 8, 3 and 2 so one not at school age. I'm coming up from Burley so it's not that far really but could take a while depending on buses and timetables etc
Reply 10
Hi......did you sit at the end of the tables???? Hmmmmm:-/ I did gcse biology last year so so have some books.....eBay is great for books! I too have three kids-15, 6 and 4. I drive so will want a pArking permit. Do you have any conditions? Do you have maths? I'm doing maths now but worried I will fail but happy to do it along side if need be.........
Reply 11
Hi......did you sit at the end of the tables???? Hmmmmm:-/ I did gcse biology last year so so have some books.....eBay is great for books! I too have three kids-15, 6 and 4. I drive so will want a pArking permit. Do you have any conditions? Do you have maths? I'm doing maths now but worried I will fail but happy to do it along side if need be.........
Reply 12
Parry-thanks so much-I'm sooooo excited and your information is invaluable!!!!
What are the tutors like? Is horseforth small-it seemed small and almost felt like a school or I just felt old?
Reply 13
No I don't drive. Wish I did! who knows nursing degree and then maybe car :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by Hawkit

I sat at the end, as in at the bottom at the other side, not opposite you but at the end near the wall in the middle and then was moved to the bottom at the end of the wall on end row to do maths test. Conditions? what do you mean hun? I don't have my maths I have english gcse grade C and have been told I need to do my maths Gcse which does not thrill me at all..... Yawn. HATE maths and I just am really bad at it :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by gen0608
I sat at the end, as in at the bottom at the other side, not opposite you but at the end near the wall in the middle and then was moved to the bottom at the end of the wall on end row to do maths test. Conditions? what do you mean hun? I don't have my maths I have english gcse grade C and have been told I need to do my maths Gcse which does not thrill me at all..... Yawn. HATE maths and I just am really bad at it :frown:

Ah.......think I know who you are now!:-)
We were given a pink offer there an ten and none if the boxes in the middle were ticked or anything but I got my letter in the post with a slip to return if he want to accept the offer and it says subject to funding and conditions discussed at interview. I'm just parinoid that if I fail maths this year I can't go in the course!?
Reply 16
Ah glad you said that-I assumed it would have been really cheap!!
Reply 17
I received a white card with blue writing on?? No boxes were ticked. Haven't received a letter yet? :frown: I have the same worry Hun..maths could severely hold me back I'm not very good at it lol.
Reply 18
Oh gawwd lol greggs it is then! Lol
Hi guys, I'm on the health science at horsforth at the mo! We do start at 9.30 everyday due to fact that most of us have children & struggle getting to college for 9. Your tutor will go with the majority to make life easier for you all. Which subjects did you choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending