The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Using Open University credits to get into Plymouth

Has anyone else used open university credits in place of A-levels to get into another Uni? I'm doing 120 level 1 credits for entry into Plymouth. However Plymouth's website states "you must receive your course results by August 1st for your application to be considered". I finish my OU course in June will be getting final results by mid August. I contacted Plymouth and they were very unclear, I pointed out that A-level results day is 14th August so surely they would accept results up until that day? They didn't really give me an answer and said "hopefully it will be ok". Just wondering If anybody else has applied to Plymouth or another university in the same way? I hope I don't have to wait until the following year to apply!
Yes, I have. So far Aberdeen and Royal Holloway have accepted me on condition that I pass 120 credits at level 1. Not all universities will accept OU credits in place of A levels so you should definitely phone the unis which interest you and ask. They won't expect you to have your results before A level students get theirs; I've been told I need to have them before the end of August.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Hi Josie141,

Sorry for any confusion you might have, let me try and clear this up for you:

Open University credits are assessed by admission tutors on an individual basis. If the credits you hope to attain are relevant to the subject you are applying for and are worth the same (or more) than the normal A-Level requirements then there is a good chance the admissions tutor will accept your application.

I hope this makes sense!

If you have any other questions or want to talk more privately, please send me a private message and we can talk more :smile:

Kind regards

Robert
Plymouth University Student Abmassador

Quick Reply

Latest