The Student Room Group

Best Universities for Business Studies

Does anyone know the top five Universities for studying Business Studies? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by CamzBarber
Does anyone know the top five Universities for studying Business Studies? Thanks.

are u going for graduation or postgraduation??
Reply 2
For this year the top five, for business studies, are as follows: Oxford, Warwick, Bath, City and UCL. Although I'd say Edinburgh and Newcastle are quite good for that too. The London universities could be at an advantage for that subject, for obvious reasons. :tongue: I think when dealing with business studies, the 'newer' universities are perhaps better than the older, more traditional ones.
Reply 3
Original post by Dylankj96
For this year the top five, for business studies, are as follows: Oxford, Warwick, Bath, City and UCL. Although I'd say Edinburgh and Newcastle are quite good for that too. The London universities could be at an advantage for that subject, for obvious reasons. :tongue: I think when dealing with business studies, the 'newer' universities are perhaps better than the older, more traditional ones.

Thank you very much! Do you know if any them require specific GCSE grades, if not it' fine - I'll look.
Reply 4
Thank you very much! Do you know if any them require specific GCSE grades, if not it' fine - I'll look.

Well I would assume all of them will have specific GCSE requirements, GCSE English at grade 'X' or whatever. Look on each of the course pages and that'll tell you exactly what they want. But to get into any of the universities I mentioned you're going to need to have a strong academic record at GCSE (lots of As and A*s) to have a realistic chance of getting an offer because of the level of competition. I know the competition at Edinburgh, for instance, is insane now with so many people applying.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Well I would assume all of them will have specific GCSE requirements, GCSE English at grade 'X' or whatever. Look on each of the course pages and that'll tell you exactly what they want. But to get into any of the universities I mentioned you're going to need to have a strong academic record at GCSE (lots of As and A*s) to have a realistic chance of getting an offer because of the level of competition. I know the competition at Edinburgh, for instance, is insane now with so many people applying.

Sadly I don't have those options already due to my lack of interest and commitment at school, I passed everything with mainly C's. Even though I'm predicted A/B's at A-Level.
Reply 6
Sadly I don't have those options already due to my lack of interest and commitment at school, I passed everything with mainly C's. Even though I'm predicted A/B's at A-Level.

Well I recommend you stay well away from those universities I mentioned because, no offence, but that might be a bit of a wasted application. That's really good A-level predictions though and you still passed your GCSEs! :smile: I'd say try for some other universities that ask for less.
Reply 7
Well I recommend you stay well away from those universities I mentioned because, no offence, but that might be a bit of a wasted application. That's really good A-level predictions though and you still passed your GCSEs! :smile: I'd say try for some other universities that ask for less.

Yeah I've got to be realistic! :smile: Yeah my targets at school was to pass and I met them, I never had any high ambitions until college! It's annoying now looking back, I could of done so much better if I actually worked out of school. And yeah, someone needs to make a website where it just lists the entry requirements for universities around the UK and you can type in your predications and see what University you can get into, it'd be a lot easier.
Reply 8
Not entirely hopeless. What subjects are you doing and what did you get at AS?
Reply 9
Yeah I've got to be realistic! :smile: Yeah my targets at school was to pass and I met them, I never had any high ambitions until college! It's annoying now looking back, I could of done so much better if I actually worked out of school. And yeah, someone needs to make a website where it just lists the entry requirements for universities around the UK and you can type in your predications and see what University you can get into, it'd be a lot easier.

http://university.which.co.uk/search/course
:smile:
Reply 10
Reply 11
Thankyou so much!

You're very welcome! Make sure you actually check the entry requirements on the university websites as well, however.
City (Cass) is among the top in London.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending