The Student Room Group

Male rape victims to receive "unprecedented" access to help and support

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Good :smile:

-a feminist

In b4 aggressive how-dare-women-speak-up-for-their-rights-I-bet-you-really-hate-this style reply.

It says a lot about some people that they shoot themselves in the foot by not even focusing on the extremely serious issue of male rape but rather try to use their threads to take a cheap shot at feminists.

:yawn:
(edited 10 years ago)
This is really good
I'm really glad that support will be extended. I think the current definition (if I've read the one you're referring to) is isolating.
Reply 4
Original post by anonymouspie227
I'm really glad that support will be extended. I think the current definition (if I've read the one you're referring to) is isolating.

Rape

(1)A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a)he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,
(b)B does not consent to the penetration, and
(c)A does not reasonably believe that B consents.
(2)Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.
(3)Sections 75 and 76 apply to an offence under this section.
(4)A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for life.
Most feminists would support this, the only ones that wouldn't are the crazy internet femazis. If the government does stuff to help male rape victims and you still use it to take cheap shots at feminists then people are going to care less about male rape and just start thinking that people campaigning to help male rape victims are just being whiny, just like a lot of people don't care about feminism because the most vocal members amongst them are borderline insane which paints the whole group in a negative light.
Reply 6
That is good to hear :smile:

don't see why you need to use this to take a shot at feminism though, totally cheapens the message and progress being made
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by redferry
That is good to hear :smile:

don't see why you need to use this to take a shot at feminism though, totally cheapens the message and progress being made

Agree. This should be a thread about supporting male rape victims, not insulting others
Reply 8
In order for men to actually get equal representation in things such as this, we will need to start a movement and shout louder than everyone else, all the time, and then once we have what we want, we will have to look for other smaller and pettier things, until eventually we, rather than simply increasing men's standing in society, actually detract from womens as well

Then we will be truly successful :smile:

Now, all of you men, go forth, write blogs, go in Youtube videos, create internet forums based on your gender and then we will start the revolution!
Good news. Now how about shelters for the 40% of victims of Domestic Violence that get no help and are deemed pathetic?
so there is hope. maybe one day men won't be treated like farm animals by state and society and we'll finally have equality.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending