The Student Room Group

Leeds Medicine Firmers/freshers 2014

Scroll to see replies

Im so confused!! Whats all this certificat and MUMs business?
Original post by thatonethere
Im so confused!! Whats all this certificat and MUMs business?

Ditto (re: the MUMs)! Is it only for those in halls?

You only need to worry about the occupational health clearance certificate if you raised any health concerns or disabilities on your health questionnaire.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 282
Has everyone got their offer of accommodation? I haven't heard anything yet.
Freshers! Thought I'd address some of your concerns seeing as no one else has. Assuming your freshers follows the same pattern as ours: in the first week, there won't really be any organised medicine events as such, maybe one or two like MUMs? Which means you'll have time to go out with your flatmates and go to normal freshers events. The second week is when the medsoc socials really start.

MUMs: Every medical student, regardless of where they're living will be given second year parents (like myself if you're lucky:wink: ) and you'll also have siblings in your year. Your MUMs are basically there to support you through the year with things you may not want to ask tutors and, of course, are there to show you a good time at the MUMs socials. The questionnaires are designed to match you to parents with similar interests as we've also filled them out. On the first MUMs night the general pattern is: go to your parents house for pre drinks and to meet each other, then go to a house party hosted by your parents or their friends. Then finally you go to the club the mums event is at with all the other freshers and parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 284
Original post by heythere247
Freshers! Thought I'd address some of your concerns seeing as no one else has. Assuming your freshers follows the same pattern as ours: in the first week, there won't really be any organised medicine events as such, maybe one or two like MUMs? Which means you'll have time to go out with your flatmates and go to normal freshers events. The second week is when the medsoc socials really start.

MUMs: Every medical student, regardless of where they're living will be given second year parents (like myself if you're lucky:wink: ) and you'll also have siblings in your year. Your MUMs are basically there to support you through the year with things you may not want to ask tutors and, of course, are there to show you a good time at the MUMs socials. The questionnaires are designed to match you to parents with similar interests as we've also filled them out. On the first MUMs night the general pattern is: go to your parents house for pre drinks and to meet each other, then go to a house party hosted by your parents or their friends. Then finally you go to the club the mums event is at with all the other freshers and parents.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we have boring parents that dont habe a house predeinks can fun parents adopt us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
If we have boring parents that dont habe a house predeinks can fun parents adopt us?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely! Most parents will invite you to some sort of pre drinks/party but unfortunately I'm sure their will be a few that can't be bothered. If you're unlucky enough for that to happen to you just ask a friend if you can go to their parents predrinks, I can't imagine anyone will mind, I certainly wouldn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So where is the MUMS questionnnaire?
Reply 287
So where is the MUMS questionnnaire?

Facebook page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that the surveymonkey one on the firmers group?

Can't find it...

ETA: Found it :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 290
Is that the surveymonkey one on the firmers group?

Yeah yeah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyouuuuuuu :smile:
Has everyone bought their tickets for freshers yet?
Original post by thegirlwhowaited
Has everyone bought their tickets for freshers yet?

Nah...I can't say any of the freshers events look particularly attractive to me. I'm a bit old for those antics :wink:
Original post by thegirlwhowaited
Hi everyone :smile: firstly congrats for all getting into Leeds! Ok now I'm really confused with this whole freshers thing - do we go only to medic freshers or do we go ti both freshers weeks??
Thanks.

Hey, I'm going into my second year at Leeds in sep, to answer your question: freshers just goes on for two weeks, you'll have intro lectures and stuff every day but you get used to going out every night and getting on with it the next day! The first week there's lots of general uni stuff and then in the second week there's stuff organised by medsoc best advice I can give you is go to everything, talk to everyone, be yourself and have a great time! See you in September and feel free if you have any other questions x
Reply 295
Anyone else fanct dublin? I have always wabted to go got so excited when i saw it in the booklet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
Anyone else fanct dublin? I have always wabted to go got so excited when i saw it in the booklet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dublin?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just found this (and no, I didn't just read through all 15 pages :tongue: ) and just wanted to say HIIIIIIIII!
Can't wait to meet everyone soon :smile:
Original post by joker12345
Just found this (and no, I didn't just read through all 15 pages :tongue: ) and just wanted to say HIIIIIIIII!
Can't wait to meet everyone soon :smile:

Hey! What accomodation are you staying in?
Reply 299
Is everyone just getting a chicken onesie be assed bein all the same plus youd be sweatin ive started making mine hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending