The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial GCSE requirements

I have achieved GCSE's A*AACCC including A* in maths and C in English. I have also achieved AS results AAA in maths, further maths and economics, with over 90% marks in maths and further maths, is there any chance if I get A*A*A (A* in maths and further maths) of me getting into imperial to study maths if I achieve these grades and complete the STEP exams, or will my GCSE's let me down? Feedback would be much appreciated.
Original post by User153
I have achieved GCSE's A*AACCC including A* in maths and C in English. I have also achieved AS results AAA in maths, further maths and economics, with over 90% marks in maths and further maths, is there any chance if I get A*A*A (A* in maths and further maths) of me getting into imperial to study maths if I achieve these grades and complete the STEP exams, or will my GCSE's let me down? Feedback would be much appreciated.

Imperial say:

Although we do not require passes in specific subjects at GCSE level, we do expect candidates to have a broad education. This can be shown by passes in a suitable range of subjects at that level, and we would normally expect at least five of these to be at grade A or A*.

So your GCSE results are definitely not going to help you but it's definitely worth applying. Why did you only do 6 GCSEs? Are there extenuating circumstances?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
Imperial say:

So your GCSE results are definitely not going to help you but it's definitely worth applying. Why did you only do 6 GCSEs? Are there extenuating circumstances?

No I did more and they were D's but I only thought about doing A Levels 3 months before my GCSE exams and I didnt care about my other subjects, I didnt realise they would be important when applying for uni, however I was always good at maths and enjoyed the subject which is why I did well. When I look back now I should have worked harder for my GCSEs, but I suppose it is abit too much for someone who didnt care about education from years 7 to late year 11 to then get into Imperial which is ranked 10th in the world, when people work their entire school life to get there
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending