The Student Room Group

Change in GCSE Tier entry to higher?!

I'm at college currently studying for my GCSES. I'm retaking maths and English Lang (although I've passed them already) and biology, chemistry and physics. I had my mock exams in January and I did quite badly in them. now I've been entered for the foundation tier even though I know I'm capable of getting all A's in my sciences if I just work hard. how can I get my teachers and heads of department to change my tier to higher at a later date if they see I'm significantly improving? also has this happened to anyone before where they've changed tiers at a really late date? can this be done or should I just accept doing foundation? I'm pretty discouraged at this point because I want to do A Levels and I can't do them if I get Cs only.
Original post by alanagranley_
I'm at college currently studying for my GCSES. I'm retaking maths and English Lang (although I've passed them already) and biology, chemistry and physics. I had my mock exams in January and I did quite badly in them. now I've been entered for the foundation tier even though I know I'm capable of getting all A's in my sciences if I just work hard. how can I get my teachers and heads of department to change my tier to higher at a later date if they see I'm significantly improving? also has this happened to anyone before where they've changed tiers at a really late date? can this be done or should I just accept doing foundation? I'm pretty discouraged at this point because I want to do A Levels and I can't do them if I get Cs only.

Speak to your teachers, and explain that although you did badly in your mocks, you think you are capable of doing better etc and see what they say about being changed to the higher tier. Speak to them properly and explain everything and see what they say. If they say no, then ask if they would change their mind if you studied harder and got better grades and ask when would be the cut off date for changing tiers. Then you might just have to study a bit harder, then speak to them again at a later date.

Quick Reply

Latest