The Student Room Group

best ways to study for law a-levels?

From students that have taken it and were successful, what are the things you did throughout the year and leading up to exams that worked well for you? any things that you also found were a waste of time?

I'm doing AS+A2 AQA law in 1 year so i will have 4 exams in around 4 months time and i wanna know what i can do to make sure i get the best possible grade on a day-to-day basis.
Original post by lmorgan95
From students that have taken it and were successful, what are the things you did throughout the year and leading up to exams that worked well for you? any things that you also found were a waste of time?

I'm doing AS+A2 AQA law in 1 year so i will have 4 exams in around 4 months time and i wanna know what i can do to make sure i get the best possible grade on a day-to-day basis.

Same here, I'm resorting Law 02 and obviously have law 03 and 04- my law teacher just says nail the exam technique and you leave the examiner no choice but to give you sound marks, provided you have covered everything. He also said that for some things such as morality in law 03 there is no right answer and to discuss topics such as abortion, gay marriage etc, and this allows you to criticise and analyse how the law is affected by morality. For law it is also good to be concise and be selective in the information you provide, ensuring you do not go off on a tangent, discussing irrelevant content to that needed to effectively answer the question
Reply 2
Original post by neal95
Same here, I'm resorting Law 02 and obviously have law 03 and 04- my law teacher just says nail the exam technique and you leave the examiner no choice but to give you sound marks, provided you have covered everything. He also said that for some things such as morality in law 03 there is no right answer and to discuss topics such as abortion, gay marriage etc, and this allows you to criticise and analyse how the law is affected by morality. For law it is also good to be concise and be selective in the information you provide, ensuring you do not go off on a tangent, discussing irrelevant content to that needed to effectively answer the question

did you mean resitting? if so what would/are you doing differently this time around?
I'm just really stuck on the best way to study as the time goes on if you understand what i mean.
Like, for maths i just do questions from the book, get my understanding clear etc. but for law i have no idea what i'm meant to be doing each week to make sure i get a good grade..
Original post by lmorgan95
did you mean resitting? if so what would/are you doing differently this time around?
I'm just really stuck on the best way to study as the time goes on if you understand what i mean.
Like, for maths i just do questions from the book, get my understanding clear etc. but for law i have no idea what i'm meant to be doing each week to make sure i get a good grade..

Sorry I meant resitting xD and I get what you mean....there is many resources available which help- Jacqueline Martin AQA law a2 covers everything including cases, the past papers will be your best friend as most of the questions are very similar, and cover very similar scenarios once you know how to spot the issues- attempt the papers then review your progress using the mark schemes and keep doing them until you get them right/ whilst doing this consolidate your knowledge using the textbook and note down your weak areas which consistently keep coming up- you could also use post it notes and stick them around your room detailing the cases, this helped me at AS level an I plan on doing some this year around march time to allow me to memorise cases for law 02,03 and 04

Quick Reply

Latest