The Student Room Group

How do i make my way to Team Leader?

I currently cant think of much "team leading" experiance that i have... I have experiance working as part of a team in various jobs and i have volunteered in china for 6months teaching english (i have taught many classes on my own and with a trainee teacher) but again, im not sure that's really classed as team leading.

Basically im wanting to move up, i've worked for roughly 3 years doing sales adviser / bar staff jobs and i want to show i can do more, get some experiance, and earn more cash...
But with the little exp that i seem to have, im not sure how to go about it...

Could anyone give any advice on what would be the best way to go?

A friend told me that it was very easy to move up to team leader while he was working at a call center so maybe that would be an option?

Either way, im sure any advice that anyone has to offer would be great, thanks in advance. Dave :smile:
Reply 1
Advise meeee... :smile:
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
In your current job, have you tried asking to be trained up as a team leader or take on some work that team leaders do to help out. This might show that you are keen in wanting to progress to team leader. Unfortunately it is the case of starting at the bottom and working your way up if you have no experience.
Be prepared to kiss a lot of arse. Even the most incompetent moron can move their way up if they arse kiss the higher ups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending