The Student Room Group

For year 11 students

Has anyone started revising for their GCSEs?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope :/

Please say NO ONE has....I just don't have the time - well, ok, I'm online, but we all need some relaxation time to stay our best and be as productive as possible!

What about you?
Yeah i started this week, about 2/3 hours a day (as its been the holidays)
Just writing notes and trying to learn ahead for some subjects which i'm sure we are behind on
Reply 3
Original post by e1mmy
Nope :/

Please say NO ONE has....I just don't have the time - well, ok, I'm online, but we all need some relaxation time to stay our best and be as productive as possible!

What about you?

I haven't started, I get lots of homework from school so it's literally impossible to ever revise
Original post by anonest

Yeah, about 5 hours a day and all weekend. I do have like 22 exams though so I'm stress revising.
Good luck with your exams, I'd recommend start revising 2-4 weeks in advance for an exam so it's fresh in your brain! :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I only started revising properly this week because this was really the only time I had free to revise. With homework and extra-crurricular activities i'm not sure how much revision i'll actually be able to get done in the next few weeks.. :s-smilie:
Original post by JasmineMariah
Yeah, about 5 hours a day and all weekend. I do have like 22 exams though so I'm stress revising.
Good luck with your exams, I'd recommend start revising 2-4 weeks in advance for an exam so it's fresh in your brain! :smile: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I respect you so much for that, that is serious commitment for only being February! :biggrin:
I'm starting my revision from tomorrow, only because my teachers thought it was a good idea to give us loads of homework to do over this half term, which was a crap idea, meaning that this was probably going to be the last relaxing holiday of the rest to come, because in Easter they've got us in like nearly everyday. To be fair most of my teachers need to be more encouraging then demanding, but don't get me wrong some of them are great, you just always get the moody ones :/
Original post by easyaspirsquared
I respect you so much for that, that is serious commitment for only being February! :biggrin:

Haha thank you! I feel like I'm over preparing slightly, it's just remembering all the sciences that's giving me the extra stress! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ashleighdunlop
I'm starting my revision from tomorrow, only because my teachers thought it was a good idea to give us loads of homework to do over this half term, which was a crap idea, meaning that this was probably going to be the last relaxing holiday of the rest to come, because in Easter they've got us in like nearly everyday. To be fair most of my teachers need to be more encouraging then demanding, but don't get me wrong some of them are great, you just always get the moody ones :/

I was planning on revising this half term but my teachers gave me lots of homework and some of them are not even related to our exams.
Haha thank you! I feel like I'm over preparing slightly, it's just remembering all the sciences that's giving me the extra stress! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you do triple? I do so I understand there is lots to remember! I'm mainly worried for history as I want to do it in sixth form next year, can't believe there's only 2 & 1/2 months until my first exam :frown:
Reply 11
I'm starting today actually, it's going to be fairly tough, and I've got no idea on what I'm to spend all my time on, or how much time to spend. I'm going to mainly do some preparation and light revision for a week or two before delving into a full on schedule.
I've started so I can make revision materials to use closer to the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by easyaspirsquared
Do you do triple? I do so I understand there is lots to remember! I'm mainly worried for history as I want to do it in sixth form next year, can't believe there's only 2 & 1/2 months until my first exam :frown:

Yeah I do Triple, mind maps are the only thing keeping me going in prep for all nine exams aha, so much fact and equations! Have you also had coursework designated days to count toward your final grade? I've had the chemistry and Biology and Chymosin ones, petrified about the physics one though! My friend told me for history she uses flash cards with events/acts/laws on and a multichoice selection of dates/fact to help her remember the answers so she's confident and prepared!! Me too, its come so fast, it has suddenly began to feel so real, scary! But theres only 3 months left of school and its over!....only to begin sixth form and repeat the process!! Aha, good luck for your exams though!! Remember to do tons of mocks for science, its so helpful! (btw sorry if this is structured horrifically, on my ipad at school!)
I have started doing a little...my first exam is in just over 2 months so I will be starting soon! However, it's really hard to find the time :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by anonest

Ive started revising around a month ago. But it gets hard with my coursework and homework :/
Reply 16
Yeah i have already started revising but only for an hour a day the rest of the day am full of homework our teachers are planing to stop giving us homework from next week but rather revise as a class i hope they do that.
Reply 17
Yeah i have already started revising but only for an hour the rest of the day am full of homework our teachers are planing to stop giving us homework from next week but rather revise as a class i hope they do that.
Yeah I do Triple, mind maps are the only thing keeping me going in prep for all nine exams aha, so much fact and equations! Have you also had coursework designated days to count toward your final grade? I've had the chemistry and Biology and Chymosin ones, petrified about the physics one though! My friend told me for history she uses flash cards with events/acts/laws on and a multichoice selection of dates/fact to help her remember the answers so she's confident and prepared!! Me too, its come so fast, it has suddenly began to feel so real, scary! But theres only 3 months left of school and its over!....only to begin sixth form and repeat the process!! Aha, good luck for your exams though!! Remember to do tons of mocks for science, its so helpful! (btw sorry if this is structured horrifically, on my ipad at school!)

No I haven't had those course work days :s-smilie: yeah I'm doing sixth form also and can't wait for the workload!:wink: good luck with your exams also!
Started 2 weeks ago. 2/3 hours a day

Quick Reply

Latest