The Student Room Group

Applying to jobs as student

Hello, I am a year 11 student who wants to find a part time job during summer. I applied online through a website to H&M sales advisor with a CV just explaining what I'm good at but no real work experience. I got rejected but before I apply to more, can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. It's my first time applying and I'm not sure how/where to do it.
Reply 1
Original post by Froggylover
Hello, I am a year 11 student who wants to find a part time job during summer. I applied online through a website to H&M sales advisor with a CV just explaining what I'm good at but no real work experience. I got rejected but before I apply to more, can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong. It's my first time applying and I'm not sure how/where to do it.

Hello! I got my first job at the end of year 11. I was rejected loads before then. You obviously won’t have your grades yet but on my CV I explained that I was waiting for my results and I put down my predicted grades! In all honesty companies don’t want young people with no experience it’s not a personal thing! Don’t give up and just apply to everything you see on indeed. My year 11 job was honestly so rubbish but I got experience from it and left 3 weeks after for a better one. I hope this helps!
Heya! It was actually my first time applying too and I used GiGL as it's an app for first time jobs where you're not expected to have any experience!

Original post by Froggylover

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending