The Student Room Group

Post your favourite scriptures or quotations

Scroll to see replies

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well" - Julian of Norwich :h:

Bet no one from X Soc saw that one coming :holmes:

:teehee:
Reply 22
"Never retaliate when people say unkind things about you.

Pay them back with a blessing and God will bless you"
Reply 23
"The Bible is meant to be bread for daily use.

Not cake for special occasions:tongue:"
Reply 24
"With God all things are possible" - Matthew 19:26
Reply 25
"Faithful are the wounds of a friend but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful"
Reply 26
"Just as a candle cannot burn without a fire, men cannot truly live without a spiritual life"
Reply 27
"The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. the challenge is to silence the mind."
Reply 28
"the whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be" :yup:
Reply 29
Original post by CasualSoul
Post your favourite scriptures or quotations :K:

Hey:biggrin: you might have come across some inspirational quotes from your holy book which you'd like to share or you might not be religious at all/atheist but may have a quote you like which is about hope, love, spirituality etc. If so feel free to post here

'Whether one believes in a religion or not and whether one believes in rebirth or not, there isn't anyone who doesn't appreciate kindness and compassion'

- 14th Dalai Lama
"kepp away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Smalll people always do that,but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
Proverbs 31:10-31
The Wife of Noble Character

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.
She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.
She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.
When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Probably ranks as one of the first female entrepreneurs, move over Kelly Hoppen:wink:, this is the woman I hope to be :smile:

I love the proverb. :smile:
Original post by battycatlady
I love this; whenever I'm feeling hopeless or bullied or whatever I think about this verse :smile:

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

This is also Great: Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

And my very favourite:

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

:congrats::clap2::excited:

love these
Original post by CasualSoul
Post your favourite scriptures or quotations :K:

Hey:biggrin: you might have come across some inspirational quotes from your holy book which you'd like to share or you might not be religious at all/atheist but may have a quote you like which is about hope, love, spirituality etc. If so feel free to post here This is open to everyone whether your religious or not. It would be awesome if you could not post quotes which some might find 'offensive' as we're all nice and respectful on here :rolleyes: lol :cool:

Anyway, I'll get the ball rolling :colone: lol

"Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness" :moon:

"Jesus payed much too high a price for us to pick and choose who should come" casting crown if we are the body

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. "CS LEIWS

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." CS Lewis

"Going to Church Doesnt Make You a Christian Any More Than Standing in a Garage Makes You a Car"

"To love at all is to be vulnerable "

"we sacrifice deep joy for shallow happiness. But we look like fools. We'er like full grown adults in the kiddies pool saying "oh my goodness guys this is like sooo cool" Jefferson Bethke
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 34
"For nothing is impossible with God."
Reply 35
"The fundamental fact of existence is that this trust in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see. The act of faith is what distinguished our ancestors, set them above the crowd." - Hebrews 11:1
Reply 36
omg how could I forget this thread :eek:

Spoiler

Reply 37
"We tend to pray as a last resort.
But, God wants it to be our first line of defense.

WE pray when there is nothing else we can do
But God wants us to pray before we do anything at all.

Most of us would prefer, however to do something that will get immediate results.

We don't want to wait for God to resolve matters in his good time because the idea of his "good time" is seldom in sync with ours
Reply 38
"Obeying God sometimes seems like the hardest road to take. But in the long run, it is the only lifestyle that brings real peace and genuine joy"
Reply 39
"To be certain og God means that we are uncertain in all our ways;

not knowing what tomorrow may bring.

This is generally expressed with a sigh of sadness,

but it should be an expression of breathless expectation.

We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God.

As soon as we abandon ourselves to God and do the task he has placed closest to us,

He begins to fill our lives with surprises. "

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending