be not envious of wrongdoers!
For they will soon fade like the grass and
wither like the green herb.

Trust in the Lord, and
do good;
dwell in the land and
befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and
he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. ... "
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."
"My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and
let us exalt his name together!
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.”
Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be frightened,
and do not be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”:moon:
Anyone who listens to my teachings and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.
Though the rain comes in torrents and floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock.

Matthew 8:24-25 :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
He alone sees truly who sees the Lord the same in every creature...seeing the same Lord everywhere, he does not harm himself or others.
Bhagivad Gita

(Cant remember chapter/verse)
Reply 586
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
He alone sees truly who sees the Lord the same in every creature...seeing the same Lord everywhere, he does not harm himself or others.
Bhagivad Gita

(Cant remember chapter/verse)

"He to whom pain and pleasure are alike, swells in the Self, to whom a clod of Earth and stone and gold are alike, to whom the dear and undear are alike, who is a man of wisdom, to whom censure and praise are same" 14:24

"The same in honour and disgrace, the same towards friends and enemies, abandoning all undertakings - he is said to have crossed beyond the three gunas" 14:25

This won't be the one you're referring to, but, thought I'd post anyway. These are two verses I try very hard to put into practice in life.

Endless wisdom in such a short piece of poetry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My personal favourite:

Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Numbers 31: 13-18

Really brings a tear to my eye this one.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ashnard
My personal favourite:

Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

“Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Numbers 31: 13-18

Really brings a tear to my eye this one.

Shoo
Original post by Three Mile Sprint
Shoo

Okay:laugh: As you were
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst

John 6 v 35 - The Bible
Some verses from Colossians 3 - The Bible

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.

But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all.

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
ONE of my favourites:

"She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future."

- Proverbs 31:25 (NLT)
Richard Dawkins:

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Winston Churchill:

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
1 John 4:9-11 - The Bible

In this the love of God was made manifest among us,
that God sent his only Son into the world,
so that we might live through him.

In this is love, not that we have loved God
but that he loved us
and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:7-8 - The Bible

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God,

and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love
The Foolish to Shame the Wise

For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,… (1 Corinthians 1 v 27)

The wise will be put to shame; they will be dismayed and trapped. Since they have rejected the word of the LORD, what kind of wisdom do they have? (Jeremiah 8:9)
As believers, we do not live righteous lives in order to be accepted by God, but we live righteously because we have been accepted by God.

Colin Dye
Forgive those who have sinned against you and walk in love and harmony with them or, experience the weight of heaviness and the emptiness of a life of bitterness and offence. They say, ‘Revenge is sweet!’ But don’t believe it unforgiveness is one of the most negative and destructive forces known to man. Don’t touch it! Rather let the command of Jesus be your standard,- Colin Dye

“…I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven…” Matthew 5:44-45
And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending