The Student Room Group

Post your favourite scriptures or quotations

Scroll to see replies

Taste and See the Lord is Good - Psalm 34 v 8

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, And rescues them.
O taste and see that the LORD is good;
How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
O fear the LORD, you His saints;
For to those who fear Him there is no want.…

Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace
(edited 9 years ago)
Ecclesiastes 3:1

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
1 John 4:1-6

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God.

This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them.
Proverbs 4:23

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life
(edited 9 years ago)
CAPITAL OF CULTURE

Liverpool, Capital of Culture 2008; greedy businessmen cant wait.
The bid is announced, we aim for the heights; politicians want their name in lights.
The people rally to the call: were something special after all.
Liverpool humour so well-known; a wealth of talent, all home-grown.
The people of Liverpool win the day and carry the glittering prize away
But who will benefit from all this culture? The man in the street, or the business vulture?
The city centres the jewel in the crown; the rest of LIverpools falling down.
Will the new wealth ever filter through to the likes of me and you?

Jane Canning: Poet living in Liverpool.
Verily, with hardship, there is relief" (94:6)-Quran
Abu Hurairah (RA) narrated that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said: 'In the last third of every night our Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) (Allah (SWT)) descends to the lowermost heaven and says; "Who is calling Me, so that I may answer him? Who is asking Me so that may I grant him?Who is seeking forgiveness from Me so that I may forgive him?."' [Sahih al-Bukhari, Hadith Qudsi]
HADITH QUDSI 37:On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Allah said: 'I have prepared for My righteous servants what no eye has seen and no ear has heard, nor has it occurred to the human heart.'" Thus recite if you wish (1): "And no soul knows what joy for them (the inhabitants of Paradise) has been kept hidden (Qur'an Chapter 32 Verse 17)." [Bukhari, Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah.]
(1) The words "Thus recite if you wish" are those of Abu Hurayrah.
1 Corinthians 2 v 9 Treasury of Scripture - The Bible

But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him.
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
1 Corinthians 2 v 9 Treasury of Scripture - The Bible

But as it is written, Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him.

Interesting how similar that is to the one i posted just before this, God is great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheIsotope
Interesting how similar that is to the one i posted just before this, God is great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed, same thought:smile:
Original post by Grace by Yahweh
Indeed, same thought:smile:

Personally as a muslim of course, i believe God spoke to the people who are now christians, through the bible which he gave to the prophet Jesus (as) and spoke to the people who are now muslims through the quran which he gave to Muhammad (pbuh), its a message from one god sent to different people through different prophets which is why there are similarities, but you, as a christian, dont believe God sent down the quran do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheIsotope
Personally as a muslim of course, i believe God spoke to the people who are now christians, through the bible which he gave to the prophet Jesus (as) and spoke to the people who are now muslims through the quran which he gave to Muhammad (pbuh), its a message from one god sent to different people through different prophets which is why there are similarities, but you, as a christian, dont believe God sent down the quran do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry, I don't.
Romans 8:38-39

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.

Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.
On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am .
I am with him when he makes mention of Me.

If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself;
and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it.

And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length.
And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.
On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another.

O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you,

O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you.

O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you.

O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you.

O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me.

O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything.

O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything.

O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it.

O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other than blame no one but himself.
(edited 9 years ago)
When life is rough, PRAY.
When life is great, PRAY. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending