The Student Room Group

Post your favourite scriptures or quotations

Scroll to see replies

[h="4"]1 Corinthians 13:4-8[/h]
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away

[h="4"]Romans 12:9[/h]Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

[h="4"]Romans 13:10[/h]Love does no harm to its neighbour. Therefore love is the fulfilment of the law

[h="4"]Ephesians 4:2[/h]Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

[h="4"]1 Peter 4:8[/h]Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

[h="4"]1 John 4:7[/h]Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends
[h="4"]1 John 3:16-18[/h]
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him?

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Matthew 22:27-29

Finally, the woman died.

Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?"

Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God
[h="4"]Deuteronomy 10:12-19[/h]
And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the LORD's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good?

To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it.

Yet the LORD set his affection on your forefathers and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations, as it is today. Circumcise your hearts, therefore, and do not be stiff-necked any longer.

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing. And you are to love those who are aliens, for you yourselves were aliens in Egypt
Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money

Matthew 6:14-15 NIV

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Colossians 3:13 NIV

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Ephesians 4:31-32 NIV

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Matthew 18: 21-22

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? “Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
1 Corinthians 13:4 - 6

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
Luke 6:37

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

Romans 12:20
2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land
Psalm 5:4

For you are not a God who delights in wickedness;

evil may not dwell with you
"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them,

'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

Matthew 7 v 23
Isaiah 61:1 - Old Testament prophesy

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

Fulfilment of prophesy in New Testament Luke 4 v 18,

…17 And the book of the prophet Isaiah was handed to Him (Jesus). And He opened the book and found the place where it was written, 18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND, TO SET FREE THOSE WHO ARE OPPRESSED, 19 TO PROCLAIM THE FAVOURABLE YEAR OF THE LORD."…
What a loss for the eyes that remained dry for Hussain

And the hearts so empty of his love and his flame

Is his father not the impeccable warrior in Khaybar?
Is his mother not the immaculate treasure mentioned in Al-Kawthar?

Is it not then sad if we left Karbala alone and forgotten?
Do our hearts not ache for the truth is abandoned, so broken and forsaken?

Yet they blame us, Oh master, that in this name our hearts become tender

And they hate us, because this tragedy, like the fever of a first love we chose to hold dear

http://themajalis.com/2014/11/a-lovers-country/
Proverbs 17:28

Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 23:9

Do not speak in the hearing of a fool, for he will despise the good sense of your words.

Proverbs 14:16

One who is wise is cautious and turns away from evil, but a fool is reckless and careless

Proverbs 18:2

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Gotta love The Book of Proverbs
:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending