The Student Room Group

Messed up my interview for a grammar school, does that mean I will not get a place?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marcusroye98
The only thing I'm scared about is the amount of people they actually interviewed it seemed so many :0

If it makes you feel any better, the Camp Hill schools had WAAAAAAY more applicants and too little spaced so, being the brains they are (sarcasm), they sent a letter to everyone saying if you get the right grades turn up on results day. Vesey has more places to offer than CH and less applicants. You have a higher chance of getting in.
Reply 41
Original post by ryanb97
i think they interview most people .... as a guess around 80-90% .... when i went it was packed - i mean the hall was full of teachers with around 10/15 interviews occurring every 20 or so mins...

Nope - i declined it a couple weeks after i got it...it was too far away and got into a better place (imo)

Ive got no chance now! :biggrin: haha :biggrin:
Original post by ryanb97
I went to the induction day there - it wasnt what i expected - plus it was an hour or so away ... so nope

5 Ways?
Reply 43
Original post by MovesLikeAgger
If it makes you feel any better, the Camp Hill schools had WAAAAAAY more applicants and too little spaced so, being the brains they are (sarcasm), they sent a letter to everyone saying if you get the right grades turn up on results day. Vesey has more places to offer than CH and less applicants. You have a higher chance of getting in.

Thats why i didnt apply to Camp Hill !haha :biggrin: Im just hoping that because I have picked two unpopular courses then I might have a chance of getting in :biggrin:
Thats why i didnt apply to Camp Hill !haha :biggrin: Im just hoping that because I have picked two unpopular courses then I might have a chance of getting in :biggrin:

RS isn't unpopular. I have 4 others from my school that have applied. 3 have picked RS. Geology is unpopular though. Anyway, as I've told you 50 times, you'll get in :smile:
Reply 45
RS isn't unpopular. I have 4 others from my school that have applied. 3 have picked RS. Geology is unpopular though. Anyway, as I've told you 50 times, you'll get in :smile:

Damb'))!! I thought it was!-_-! We will see on the 17th :frown:
Damb'))!! I thought it was!-_-! We will see on the 17th :frown:

And I shall be right :wink:
Reply 47
And I shall be right :wink:

You shall be wrong :biggrin:
You shall be wrong :biggrin:

Okay, when you get the offer... I shall hunt you down on induction day and be like "HA! I told you so!" and then you will feel ashamed of ever doubting my words :wink:
Reply 49
Okay, when you get the offer... I shall hunt you down on induction day and be like "HA! I told you so!" and then you will feel ashamed of ever doubting my words :wink:

My interview was awful! You can hunt me down when I will be working in MCDONALD'S with no GCSE 's haha :biggrin:
My interview was awful! You can hunt me down when I will be working in MCDONALD'S with no GCSE 's haha :biggrin:

Okay, so when you have a Nobel Peace Prize and a PhD from Oxbridge, I expect an apology >.<
Reply 51
5 Ways?

Nope - although there buildings were nice... i dont think you can guess this :biggrin:
Reply 52
Okay, so when you have a Nobel Peace Prize and a PhD from Oxbridge, I expect an apology >.<

A Nobel prize for the amount of chicken nuggets flipped in one minute...
Original post by ryanb97
Nope - although there buildings were nice... i dont think you can guess this :biggrin:

Just tell me you evil boy :'(
A Nobel prize for the amount of chicken nuggets flipped in one minute...

Well, you have confidence in your cooking skills clearly! :wink:
Reply 55
Well, you have confidence in your cooking skills clearly! :wink:

I can't cook beans. Haha
Reply 56
Just tell me you evil boy :'(

Dm ...
I can't cook beans. Haha

Then stick to the PhD :wink: McDonalds requires a little more than bean xD
the general conservation was good but he just asked weird questions like, how many teeth does a human have? Then he asked what do you think about conservation? then he asked what do you think of stem cells are where are they produced :L

As long as you didn't put your finger inside your mouth to count your teeth you should be OK.
Reply 59
Original post by Horsedobbin
As long as you didn't put your finger inside your mouth to count your teeth you should be OK.

Haha!! I tried to count his teeth! I said 32 andhe said thats the best answer he has heard")! Hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest