The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bob9001
Thankkk you! :love:
I'm actually a medic (:p:) but it was still very helpful indeed :smile:

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate you ( only joking :p: ) But I envy you madly, though I love Chem, so maybe not so madly :p:
AutVinceriAutMori
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate you ( only joking :p: ) But I envy you madly, though I love Chem, so maybe not so madly :p:

lol :p:
are you hoping to do post grad med? :biggrin:
bob9001

Oui :h:
But there is a lot of people with similar ambitions in my year (why on earth did I think that its mostly biomed students who are my contenders? :facepalm:) I need to get rid of them somehow ( I wish EvS would help me, but he won't :sigh:)
bob9001

Aaarggghhh! Graduate entry med :fuhrer:
bob9001

She should probably first consider getting through undergraduate med.
I had an interview at Imperial College this afternoon. It wasn't the most pleasant experience :frown:

Some parts of the interview could have done better I guess... but... oh well.

:unsure:
KiraMayz
I had an interview at Imperial College this afternoon. It wasn't the most pleasant experience :frown:

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you thought :console:
EierVonSatan
I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you thought :console:

:hugs:

Well about half of the interview went quite well I thought. I was asked a lot about *******... structure and so on, which I managed to explain in detail.

Then I was asked to draw this reaction mechanism I had never come across...but I managed to figure it out after about 15 mins, and couldn't answer any of the following questions they threw at me, although I did try and think out loud.

But... I have to wait and see.

I've got an oxford interview to go to as well soon

Kinkerz
She should probably first consider getting through undergraduate med.

huhh? she's already a undergrad chemist (i think!)
bob9001

You think right, and no, undergrad med is unavailable for a number of reasons :smile:
bob9001

:lol:

But she needs to do undergraduate medicine before she can do postgraduate medicine...the MbChB and equivalents are undergraduate degrees

If she gets a degree in chemistry then she has only graduated in chemistry, not medicine...make sense? :smile:
EierVonSatan

But she needs to do undergraduate medicine before she can do postgraduate medicine...the MbChB and equivalents are undergraduate degrees

If she gets a degree in chemistry then she has only graduated in chemistry, not medicine...make sense? :smile:

ohh yes yes that's what I meant but it wasn't worded very well. :p:

I meant going for undergrad medicine through graduate entry (4 year accelerated course) :o: :yep:
EierVonSatan

I know, its the old "GEP Med is not postgrad med" thing, but you know that most people assume the two are same - you have seen the example
You're right, most people are wrong :wink2:
That's the word I was looking for, I meant GEP med :yep:
EierVonSatan

And some people are picky :p:
AutVinceriAutMori
And some people are picky :p:

bear that in mind when I mark your work :awesome:
EierVonSatan
bear that in mind when I mark your work :awesome:

Yeah, I learn my lessons the hard way. Last time I wrote everything down and salvaged 8 marks :p: And got told off for writing too much- you can't win
And yes, people, if you get to Brum, EvS would mark your work, be nice to him now (if you plan to do Chem) :awesome:
KiraMayz

I don't think the Imperial interview is as important as people think it is - I answered absolutely nothing and still received an offer. All this on a topic I chose... (although I didn't know I'd be having my interview on it when I said it)
EierVonSatan

That's generally how I view the world lately, and I'm rarely disappointed :p:

Latest