The Student Room Group

Biomed/Microbiology - Where to go?

I think this is in the right place, apologies in advance if that's not the case!

So, I've a quandary as to what to put as my firm.
Newcastle - Biomedical Science with Medical Microbiology, or Leeds - Microbiology with Virology.

I live in South Shields, which is just over the river from Newcastle and not very far at all. I would ideally like to move away, but not at the expense of a better course and did have my heart set on Leeds. Not so much for the experience since I'm 20 this year and I've already worked/lived away from home.

Problem is, Newcastle have been really good with giving info and I like how the first year and a half of all their 'Life Science' courses are the same so you can change to any of them after, plus its a cracking uni.

Leeds is also a great Uni from what I gather but really what I want to know is if anyone else shares my issue, or what the courses are really like at either of them? or anything else to help alleviate my indecisiveness.

I'm wanting to go into a research role and/or further study after my degree, if that's any help.

Thanks,
Lou.
Reply 1
Realised this is in the wrong place, my bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending