The Student Room Group

AS level OCR A Geography

Scroll to see replies

Brushed up on cold processes/features, need to do the same for rivers/coasts very quickly in the morning then i'm hopefully ready to roll, my case studies aren't too detailed but hopefully I can make up for that with knock-on effects etc etc :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by SophhFrog
My exam starts at 1 so I'll least I'll have it all over and done with....

I had two exams at the same time so my exam has been moved to 11am then I'm in supervision until my afternoon exam at 1:30. I don't even leave school until 3:40 today which will be a nightmare :O
Good luck everyone!
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 63
I agree with this :O
So how did it go for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by AliyaMustafina
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said.
I hadn't prepared for the Cold environments question on plant adaptations. Everything else was fine though thank lord.
slope processes fluvial landforms 6 marker and 6 marker on vegetation in cold were not good

otherwise okay
Did anyone do the essay on cold environments, i thought the wording was terrible, and for hot environments too
The vegetation cold one was ok, it was the meltwater 9 marker that killed me
Reply 69
I chose to do the hot short questions on a whim- I felt there was hardly any time to even consider what sections you wanted to do! I literally *just* finished the 25 marker... was awful. I hadn't even learnt any of the landforms for the hot 9 marker :eek: - definitely going to have to retake next year :frown:
I swear everything fell into place in this exam for me, didn't skip a beat for anything. I was dreading the 25 marker, but the coastal environment question was right up my alley, regarding coastal defenses. The cold environment one was worded horribly so I stayed clear of that.
Reply 71
Original post by BROOCEYLAD
I swear everything fell into place in this exam for me, didn't skip a beat for anything. I was dreading the 25 marker, but the coastal environment question was right up my alley, regarding coastal defenses. The cold environment one was worded horribly so I stayed clear of that.

Can we talk about the exam now?

As soon as you've handed in your paper, you're free to come on here and discuss how it went - with just a few exceptions. Here's a really quick guide based on the exam board or type of exam.

No worries!
AQA, OCR, CCEA, WJEC and CIE
If your exam is set by any of these exam boards, you can discuss it on TSR as soon as it's finished (there are a few exceptions, see below for more on these).
Reply 72
By the way I did Rivers, then arid and then Coasts for the essay- that was a wrong choice.
By the way I did Rivers, then arid and then Coasts for the essay- that was a wrong choice.
I did Coasts then cold then rivers for the essay. Rivers and coats were fun actually. Cold was the only horrible bit.
Reply 74
I did Coasts then cold then rivers for the essay. Rivers and coats were fun actually. Cold was the only horrible bit.

I did it the wrong way round. I did coasts essay, rivers short and then i had to do short arid because we didn't do cold environments... It was not good- I came out and cried :'(

Does anyone else have an exam tomorrow?
I did it the wrong way round. I did coasts essay, rivers short and then i had to do short arid because we didn't do cold environments... It was not good- I came out and cried :'(

No my only ones are the geography ones and ICT on 2nd June
Reply 76
No my only ones are the geography ones and ICT on 2nd June

Lucky you! One exam down, 6 left to go for me. One of which is tomorrow. Did anyone do the Coasts essay?

3 tomorrow, philosophy, ethics, psychology :bawling:
Reply 78
Original post by Adikurdyla
3 tomorrow, philosophy, ethics, psychology :bawling:

Are you on AQA A for Psychology tomorrow- memory, attachment, research methods?
Are you on AQA A for Psychology tomorrow- memory, attachment, research methods?

AQA, but doing B, I do research methods too, but then gender development, biospychology, ahh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending