The Student Room Group

How to memorize Spanish Assessment?

Hi:smile:
Every time i study i can't memorize any of the material. I find it really hard to memorize and store information into my brain.

I have a Spanish Assessment tomorrow.

I know i'm a visual learner. I've been trying to learn this since the past 2 weeks but all i've got in my head is the first 4 sentences. :confused:
Write everything down and pause after every few sentences to make sure you have understood it all.
Also try making spider diagrams, tables, charts etc.
Use different colors when making notes or highlighting.
The way I did it was:

I would stay in a quiet room, with no distractions, no tv, no laptop and no music. I would write down the first sentence. Then recite it to myself out loud. I would do this until I knew it, most of the time I spoke it 5 times and then I could remember it. Once I memorized the first sentence, I would write down the next sentence and remember that. Then I would speak the first sentence combined with the second one. This was effective for me and I have done it for writing and speaking assessments and got an A. If this doesn't work for you then I advise trying to re-write it over and over again until you remember it. Or you could record yourself speaking your assessment out loud, and listen to it whenever you can (this never worked for me because I zoned out every now and then but it could work for you). Good luck with your assessments!
Reply 3
I recently did a Spanish controlled assessment (speaking) and my teacher recommended a website (at the bottom of my post) in which you put in your piece of writing and when the website will take out words when you press an arrow, progressively getting harder until there are no words left and you are left to just remember it word for word. You can also highlight the blanks and it will show what letter the word starts with. I found this really useful to see what I kept forgetting and use in my 30 words that you can bring in with you.
There was also a technique I saw someone do which was similar to this website where in the 30 words you get you would put a word then '_ _' showing blanks and it can help you remember certain phrases as you go along by being reminded from the words you used.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest