The Student Room Group

Uk gamsat 2014!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MiloMilo
I took the test last year, so wasn't sure if the curve had changed? I know it shouldn't do... surely that's how they allow 2 year currency? But there's talk of it having shifted to the right?

It has shifted, but not greatly

A 62 last year would put you in the in the top 84-85%, this year the same score would be 80-82%

I think SGUL cut off could be 61-62 depending on numbers. That's what I'm hoping as my score is 62. Hahah

But Nottingham/Exeter/Plymouth/Swansea don't really change
Reply 321
Congratulations to all those waking up to what they wanted. For those who didn't, it's not the end of the world. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get in, as long as you get in! So stay positive and try again next year!

It sounds like the distribution curve has changed from last year - which I didn't think was possible? Can someone post it..? And I'll post last years? Or alternatively can someone let me know my percentile for this year - I would really appreciate it. I scored 68 overall.

Looks to be about 95th percentile maybe. It is in a nonlinear section so quite difficult to be exact without a ruler.
I took the test last year, so wasn't sure if the curve had changed? I know it shouldn't do... surely that's how they allow 2 year currency? But there's talk of it having shifted to the right?

It has shifted, but not greatly

A 62 last year would put you in the in the top 84-85%, this year the same score would be 80-82%

I think SGUL cut off could be 61-62 depending on numbers. That's what I'm hoping as my score is 62. Hahah

But Nottingham/Exeter/Plymouth/Swansea don't really change
Original post by wl1
Looks to be about 95th percentile maybe. It is in a nonlinear section so quite difficult to be exact without a ruler.

Thanks everyone. Sound like it's gone down a few percent. Strange though, surely the whole point is to adjust to make it applicable year on year? Hopefully won't make a difference with Exeter? Guess we will find out.. Hopefully we will hear back from a few unis today?
51, 62, 50

53 overall. Disappointed to say the least and not anywhere near good enough for my choices. Loved waking up at 4am to learn that. I thought my s2 score would have been higher, but it's irrelevant as neither s1 or s3 was over 55 which I think was a requirement for all my choices...

Now I need to find out whether unis will be accepting 2:2 applicants in 2016. Will give them all a ring today but doubt they will have an answer.

Congrats to those who passed, nice to see you guys do well.
(edited 9 years ago)
How long can we expect to wait before hearing from unis? Very new to this and wasn't prepping as I didnt think I had a chance!
OMG SGUL WAS 62!!!!!!! Thats high

Just scrapped it!!!!! Unbelievable!!! Nearly screamed at worked
Original post by Benhope7
OMG SGUL WAS 62!!!!!!! Thats high

Just scrapped it!!!!! Unbelievable!!! Nearly screamed at worked

they've released the cut off this year?! Are we pretty much guaranteed an interview if we got above that?? :confused:
Reply 329
Managed to get 60 overall (58, 65, 59). Very happy and very shocked as really thought i had flunked S3. So much so that I changed from applying to Swansea to Kings instead.
Reply 330
Original post by JNHE
Sorry - thought I'd posted my score already. 65 (65,82,56). Obviously very happy with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice score. If you don't mind me asking, how did you prepare for S2?
Reply 331
Hey guys. I remember someone posting the previous years GAMSAT cuts off for Notts, not just last years but i can’t for the life of me find it again. Does anyone have this info as I’m keen to see how much the cutoffs have changed over the years. I have a score of 60 and I’m just wondering if there is a chance that the cutoff could increase this year. Cheers
Reply 332
Notts cut off is 61
Guysss
where are you getting the cut offs?
Whats swasease?
Original post by Ama2007
Guysss
where are you getting the cut offs?
Whats swasease?

Notts and SGUL have emailed - Notts is 61 with 2:1 and 66 with 2:2. SGUL is 62. No news yet from Swansea.
Reply 335
What does cut-off mean?

If you are over, do you definitely get an interview? Or is it just that if you are below you definitely won't?
After getting sitting it twice before and getting 53 then 54. This year I managed 66 (60/60/70). If you didn't do that great this year then keep trying. You'll get therein the end!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man, I thought I might have been alright sitting on 61 from March for SGUL (2:2, so my only real choice). That's kinda frustrating.

Oh well. I can't do anything about that.
How do you calculate your percentile? I'm trying to draw a line from 86 (80/80/92) but my pen is too thick and keeps bleeding ink past 100%.
Original post by DB_Jowett
How do you calculate your percentile? I'm trying to draw a line from 86 (80/80/92) but my pen is too thick and keeps bleeding ink past 100%.

Are you being serious?

That's an outrageous score and why you'd even want to bother working out your percentile is beyond me. You're clearly in the top 10% and therefore a cert. for interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending