The Student Room Group

Going through a tough phase. Please advise

Hello everyone, I'm a 21 year old single guy going through a tough phase.
I've been hanging out with a girl from my class. We aren't committed to each other, but I know for a fact that she likes me. Initially I liked her for the person she was, but as time progressed, that feeling somehow faded away as I realized that she isn't the right girl for me. The thing is, we both are attracted towards each other, but it's not on the lines of love/ genuine liking for each other's character. We stay in the same area.

I genuinely don't have feelings for this girl, but somehow we meetup at my place and end up making out. As we stay in an Indian society, I feel what we're doing isn't right. I've tried explaining this to her, but being an arrogant girl, she dominates me and just doesn't understand. I've tried ignoring her which has resulted in she getting insanely mad at me and spreading all sorts of rumors. I know it's weird, but that's the way it is.

I'm the only child of a single parent. My mom works really hard to take care of me and I desperately wanna achieve something in life to repay everything my mom's done for me. Academically, I'm quite good, but there's this guilty feeling I've got.

The problem is, I meet this girl, we make out, I feel extremely gutted - thinking if I'm not doing the right things in life. I've got into depression thinking about the things I've been doing. The regret stays for a few days, but somehow I develop that thought of meeting up this girl at my place when my mom goes to work. Please advise me on this. I've tried a lot to come out of it, unfortunately, the cycle of events has been ever repeating. I've attempted my best to get away by deleting several messengers, promising myself to not repeat my mistakes, not contacting this girl and stuff, but after a few days, without my control, we end up meeting each other. It's cuz of my age that I get this enticing feeling ,but I immensely regret it for a few days. This has been happening for a long time. Please help me out as this regretful thought has been spoiling my mindset and confidence to do things.
Original post by sammyutd
Hello everyone, I'm a 21 year old single guy going through a tough phase.
I've been hanging out with a girl from my class. We aren't committed to each other, but I know for a fact that she likes me. Initially I liked her for the person she was, but as time progressed, that feeling somehow faded away as I realized that she isn't the right girl for me. The thing is, we both are attracted towards each other, but it's not on the lines of love/ genuine liking for each other's character. We stay in the same area.

I genuinely don't have feelings for this girl, but somehow we meetup at my place and end up making out. As we stay in an Indian society, I feel what we're doing isn't right. I've tried explaining this to her, but being an arrogant girl, she dominates me and just doesn't understand. I've tried ignoring her which has resulted in she getting insanely mad at me and spreading all sorts of rumors. I know it's weird, but that's the way it is.

I'm the only child of a single parent. My mom works really hard to take care of me and I desperately wanna achieve something in life to repay everything my mom's done for me. Academically, I'm quite good, but there's this guilty feeling I've got.

The problem is, I meet this girl, we make out, I feel extremely gutted - thinking if I'm not doing the right things in life. I've got into depression thinking about the things I've been doing. The regret stays for a few days, but somehow I develop that thought of meeting up this girl at my place when my mom goes to work. Please advise me on this. I've tried a lot to come out of it, unfortunately, the cycle of events has been ever repeating. I've attempted my best to get away by deleting several messengers, promising myself to not repeat my mistakes, not contacting this girl and stuff, but after a few days, without my control, we end up meeting each other. It's cuz of my age that I get this enticing feeling ,but I immensely regret it for a few days. This has been happening for a long time. Please help me out as this regretful thought has been spoiling my mindset and confidence to do things.

first of all:

:hugs:

and im not sure what to say really!!

just stay strong and make sure that you do make your mum proud however you go about it!!:redface:

Please just talk to her. It sounds like she thinks you might be more involved than you think you are, it sounds like you might need to "break up" with her.

Sounds like she'll be mad but she'll move on eventually. You're hurting her by leading her on, and youre hurting yourself if this is making you unhappy.
Reply 3
Original post by allthetime
Please just talk to her. It sounds like she thinks you might be more involved than you think you are, it sounds like you might need to "break up" with her.

Sounds like she'll be mad but she'll move on eventually. You're hurting her by leading her on, and youre hurting yourself if this is making you unhappy.

Thanks for your reply. I've tried avoiding her, but that's gone in vain. She gets extremely mad at me and starts making derogatory statements about my intentions. Honestly, I've got absolutely no deceptive feelings. I've felt remaining friends with her would be the best thing. Even if I don't make a move, she somehow entices me into repeating the same things over and over again.
Reply 4
Original post by cupcakes87
first of all:

:hugs:

and im not sure what to say really!!

just stay strong and make sure that you do make your mum proud however you go about it!!:redface:

Thanks for your reply :smile: Yes, making my mum proud is the only aim I've got. Just hope things go well.
Reply 5
Whats wrong with making out with her exactly? Just don't get her preggers.
Reply 6
Original post by cole-slaw
Whats wrong with making out with her exactly? Just don't get her preggers.

It's just this guilty feeling that I get thinking if I might be doing something wrong when my mom goes out to work. I promise myself to concentrate on the things I should be doing, but eventually I end up doing the same mistake.
Reply 7
It's just this guilty feeling that I get thinking if I might be doing something wrong when my mom goes out to work. I promise myself to concentrate on the things I should be doing, but eventually I end up doing the same mistake.

You're not doing anything wrong, so don't feel guilty.

There, problem solved! :biggrin:
Thanks for your reply. I've tried avoiding her, but that's gone in vain. She gets extremely mad at me and starts making derogatory statements about my intentions. Honestly, I've got absolutely no deceptive feelings. I've felt remaining friends with her would be the best thing. Even if I don't make a move, she somehow entices me into repeating the same things over and over again.

No no no, I didn't mean avoid her, you need to take control of the situation and sit her down for a chat! She needs to know you're unhappy with what's going on, your feelings matter just as much as hers.
Reply 9
Do you think your Mum would be disappointed or annoyed that you are making out with a girl?

If your mum would really really disapprove/ threaten to throw you out ect then yes you should stop and staying friends with the girl is not a good idea because that is what is making you tempted to make out with her again.

Other than that, I think you might feel guilty that you are feeling pleasure without being emotionally attracted to the girl, like you are dirty. In the end though I think it's ok to be doing things with her. Both of you seem to want the same thing, not an emotional thing, so that's fine. If one of you really liked the other and wanted a deep emotional relationship there would be a problem. But how things stand it looks fine for you to make out with her for now. If you ever feel trapped or start liking someone else, then tell her. And if she gets mad, it's her problem for not being able to deal with it and you should not be friends with her if she's going to treat you like that.
Reply 10
you're 21, your mother cannot legally tell you what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending