The Student Room Group

Teaching personal statements

hi !

im looking to start my teaching post grad but am not sure if I want to teach primary or secondary so am struggling to make my personal statement broad without lacking detail does anyone have any tips ?
Reply 1
Original post by Rose_xxx
hi !

im looking to start my teaching post grad but am not sure if I want to teach primary or secondary so am struggling to make my personal statement broad without lacking detail does anyone have any tips ?

You need to decide if you are going into secondary or primary. There is no real keeping your options at this point. The two are pretty different kettles of fish and not particularly interchangeable. Why not see if you can go on some experience days at secondary and primary and see what the difference is.
You need to decide your phase before applying. Getting some school experience is an obvious new step.
Original post by Rose_xxx
hi !

Hi @Rose_xxx,
Indeed, getting some further experience might help you decide between the two phases.
However, if you were still undecided, you can now personalized your personal statement for each institution so it means you could write one for your primary applications and one for your secondary applications. It is double the work but you are now allowed to do this.
I would suggest you register to the Get into Teaching free advisory service. If you get an adviser, they will help you to reach a decision and also support you writing your personal statement and through the interview process. All our advisers are experienced teachers and it is free!
Good luck with your application!

Laure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending