The Student Room Group

Warwick PPE vs UCL ESPS

Hey :smile:
so i have an offer from warwick for ppe and from UCL for esps and i'm not sure what to choose.. on the one hand i absolutely love ppe and also warwick, but on the other hand i know that ucl's international reputation is a lot better and also the idea of living in london is quite nice.. but what i'm mostly worried about is that with a warwick degree it will be difficult to get jobs outside of the uk (i'm international and not planning to spend the rest of my life in the uk)

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? I would be grateful for any advice..
UCL may have a greater international rep than Warwick, but the difference will be smaller than you think, and have little/no effect on your employment prospects. Seems like you prefer PPE and Warwick, so you should go with that option. This is coming from a UCL student btw. Either way you'll be graduating from a world leading institution from a country that has probably one of the most well-known, prestigious and effective undergraduate systems in the world. Your personal achievements/character/work experience will play a much greater role in getting a job imo, given the choice between these two courses at these two universities.

Then again you should have a better idea of recruitment practices in your country.
(edited 10 years ago)
If ESPS is the dual degree with Sciences Po, I'd say that this shouldn't be a question. And I'd choose for it even if it isn't that.

Something that seems true of doing specifically PPE anywhere but Oxford is that it carries the whiff of a disappointed second best.
Reply 3
Warwick PPE all day.
Reply 4
Original post by -yaboy Mk25
Warwick PPE all day.

Any reasons for your answer? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by cambio wechsel
If ESPS is the dual degree with Sciences Po, I'd say that this shouldn't be a question. And I'd choose for it even if it isn't that.

Something that seems true of doing specifically PPE anywhere but Oxford is that it carries the whiff of a disappointed second best.

Unfortunately it's not the dual degree, since i would be doing spanish... may i ask for your specific reasons why you would choose UCL?
UCL have just started a new PPE degree for the 2015 entry if you're interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending