The Student Room Group

IGCSE Physics june 2014 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hbazaham
Yes!!! Thank you :smile:

No worries! :smile: tell me what you think of the spec and 2014 paper. I need to know if it's just me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
When is paper 1P?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
When is paper 1P?

Posted from TSR Mobile

15 May - the day after tomorrow :eek:
Reply 23
Got any last minute tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
Got any last minute tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im going through the revision notes i made based on the specification. As soon as I finish a section i make questions on very point that i ans verbally, if i can't ans them i go back and look at it again...its a very effective method and I think i Ace's my chem IGCSE because of this :smile: good luck
Reply 25
Im going through the revision notes i made based on the specification. As soon as I finish a section i make questions on very point that i ans verbally, if i can't ans them i go back and look at it again...its a very effective method and I think i Ace's my chem IGCSE because of this :smile: good luck

Thanks. I'm literally just going through everything to make sure I know every experiment and equation etc. I have my chemistry exam right after this as well though. :mad:
Reply 26
Do you do edexcel igcse chemistry as well? Did they change the format or was the exam hard? AQA did this for biology and made the exam really hard so I hope don't do this for physics edexcel
Oh god I found physics so boring. I just flipped pages. God save me tomorrow. x_x
less than 12 hours left till physics paper 1 :eek4:
Reply 29
It'll be alright. They never seem to ask any shockers. Hopefully they won't this time IA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
what did everyone think of the physics paper 1? I found it much longer and more difficult than the chemistry...There were too many 5 mark questions!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
Just finished mine now. The 5 markers were all stupid. What did you out for the question on shielding?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WASG
Just finished mine now. The 5 markers were all stupid. What did you out for the question on shielding?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly!! Studying didn't help for **** :/
What did u get for the maximum height achieved by the golf ball?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by vikram97the3rd
What did u get for the maximum height achieved by the golf ball?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't remember I think my answer was 0.15m but it's probably wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Exactly!! Studying didn't help for **** :/

The paper wasn't very long as it only had 12 questions but yeah I would've never guessed the stuff that came up.

What did you get for the velocity of the balls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was 150m. You were supposed to convert the ball's mass into kg
Reply 37
Original post by lawrencefrape1
It was 150m. You were supposed to convert the ball's mass into kg

Oh yeah, :frown: oh well what do guys think the grade boundaries will be. I reckon it was harder then all the past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully quite low, but probably not as low as Jan 2012 when an A* was 119 overall! Although you never know...
I think it was a lot harder than some past papers because of the wordy questions but I don't think we can discuss content till midnight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest