The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Carnegie Village Cluster flats 2014

just found out I've been given carnegie village for my accommodation (was put on the waiting list) but no unsure on whether I want to stay there? any one know how 'nightmare-ish' it is to get from the city centre as i don't drive.

and as far as nights out go anyone know how costy taxis are from leeds or if theres anywhere in headingley? As I quit uni last time cos i was living in a village with not much there!
There's a bus that runs directly onto Headingley Campus from the city centre which takes about 20-25 mins and then there are plenty of buses that run between town and Headingley itself so travelling between the two is not too bad.

In a taxi it would be somewhere between £5-£10 so shared between a few of you it's quite affordable.

In terms of nights out, there are bars in Headingley but they don't open as late as the clubs in town so if you're going for a couple of drinks Headingley is fine but if you want a big night out then the city centre is better.

Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
i am going to be living in the cluster flats so dont worry lots of people will be going to all the socials and i am more then willing to split the taxi money plus am taking my car to uni as i live 4 hours away from uni but i dont plan to use it alot when i am their as i am sure students must have some kind of discounted transport. I have a rail card so i might just catch the train down to the city centre for like 1 pound as its only 10 mineuts down the line !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending