The Student Room Group

How does CIMA PER work?

Hi guys,

So I'm in the first year of my degree in accountancy and finance and I'm looking to start forward planning an getting some work experience within the accounting dept at my work.

I was looking at the CIMA Work experience requirements and it says a minimum of 3 years. However as I'm a student this I'm most likely to do work experience part time in between work and studying.

Could anyone possibly shed some light on how the best way to get the experience in would be? Doing 3 years after uni isn't very practical as it means I will graduate at 24, I'll then be gaining work experience after that meaning I won't be done till I'm 27, possibly longer!

Oh, and when it says you need the work experience for part of the exam (T4 I think it is) does that mean you can continue to do the rest of the exams up until that point while still gaining work experience?

Thanks
Craig
Not sure of the answer to your question but what's the rush? 27 is perfectly fine.
Reply 2
Original post by Kerr1992
Hi guys,

So I'm in the first year of my degree in accountancy and finance and I'm looking to start forward planning an getting some work experience within the accounting dept at my work.

I was looking at the CIMA Work experience requirements and it says a minimum of 3 years. However as I'm a student this I'm most likely to do work experience part time in between work and studying.

Could anyone possibly shed some light on how the best way to get the experience in would be? Doing 3 years after uni isn't very practical as it means I will graduate at 24, I'll then be gaining work experience after that meaning I won't be done till I'm 27, possibly longer!

Oh, and when it says you need the work experience for part of the exam (T4 I think it is) does that mean you can continue to do the rest of the exams up until that point while still gaining work experience?

Thanks
Craig

As long as you have 3 years worth of work experience up to the point you finish your final stage T4, then it should be fine. You will need to demonstrate that you have achieved at least 18 months worth of core management accounting experience (check the website for what that includes) and 18 months of other finance work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Pipsico
As long as you have 3 years worth of work experience up to the point you finish your final stage T4, then it should be fine. You will need to demonstrate that you have achieved at least 18 months worth of core management accounting experience (check the website for what that includes) and 18 months of other finance work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also, check how many exemptions your degree provides you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
You're not going to be able to qualify by doing some part time work in between university lectures...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending