The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The teacher and myself feel that we have cracked this scenario and that we have linked it to a scenario which has been previously used by the exam board. They are of a very similar nature and this link would be logical.

4 tables - Student
Performance
Productions
Characters

This will give the Primary Keys of Performance ID - Student ID and Character ID.

We are also expecting a duplication somewhere (which will mean an append query is to be used) but we haven't figrued out where yet.
What do you think??
Hi, we're trying to figure out possible data but we're having problems with macros and formulas that could turn up and how they work- anyone got any advice? Also how is everyone revising for this exam? :confused:
Reply 22
Original post by BinaSchmidt
Hi, we're trying to figure out possible data but we're having problems with macros and formulas that could turn up and how they work- anyone got any advice? Also how is everyone revising for this exam? :confused:

With Great Difficulty!
Reply 23
Can anyone who please does this exam give me their college/school details via pm??? I urgently need to sit the exam and have to find a place. you'll be helping me get to uni if you can please just pm me the details of a place that does this.

Thanks.
As well as the tables, does anyone have any ideas about the forms that we are going to have to make? By the looks of the scenario it seems as though we only need to make two forms. Although the allocation form seems extremely complicated and that it will have a lot of elements on it. Has anyone had any thoughts about the forms?
Reply 25
Original post by joshhpalmer
As well as the tables, does anyone have any ideas about the forms that we are going to have to make? By the looks of the scenario it seems as though we only need to make two forms. Although the allocation form seems extremely complicated and that it will have a lot of elements on it. Has anyone had any thoughts about the forms?

I have been looking intently on this and I have thought of a couple however they are loose and would not really work entirely.

It will involve some sort of embedded table inside a form which will contain the student and their details - I just need to figure out how to get this too work. If I crack it then I'll let you know.
Original post by hartb
I have been looking intently on this and I have thought of a couple however they are loose and would not really work entirely.

It will involve some sort of embedded table inside a form which will contain the student and their details - I just need to figure out how to get this too work. If I crack it then I'll let you know.

Perhaps you are thinking of a subform? When you add it to your master form, you can configure the subform to retrieve fields from the Students table.
I agree with the subform. It almost seems that you have to select a student and a production job and depending on what is chosen (actor or production role) then the sub form will change accordingly. But that seems like so much work to do aha!
Reply 28
have you got the prerelase???
Reply 29
Anyone got any ideas of what data we might get?
Original post by shaanlone
Anyone got any ideas of what data we might get?

As well as the tables discussed that will be coming up- I'm thinking some sort of payment data may well turn up..seeing as performances take place at different times in the year- they may sell tickets for the performance? Maybe a payment type of selling tickets could turn up? What do you guys think?
Hard to say! I personally think that the students and whether they are an 'a-level' student or just doing the performances for 'fun' may also come up in the questions. I doubt they would have put that in the scenario for no reason, perhaps it may be used to validation later on so maybe only A-Level students can take title roles

Posted from TSR Mobile
Help me on as ict
Original post by hartb
The teacher and myself feel that we have cracked this scenario and that we have linked it to a scenario which has been previously used by the exam board. They are of a very similar nature and this link would be logical.

4 tables - Student
Performance
Productions
Characters

This will give the Primary Keys of Performance ID - Student ID and Character ID.

We are also expecting a duplication somewhere (which will mean an append query is to be used) but we haven't figrued out where yet.
What do you think??

Which years scenario did you find links to this years scenario? :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by sophiesmart
Which years scenario did you find links to this years scenario? :smile:

Hey which scenario did you find that links to it?
Reply 35
Those of you who don't have the scenario here is the link (thank me later):smile:: http://www.ais.lk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/June-2014-U7-Pre-Release.pdf
Reply 36
How exactly is everyone going to revise for this exam, a part from guessing what the tables are because since we haven't got the data. Unless your ict teacher has created a prototype already ?

Has anyone got any good tutorials in regards to the tasks they're going to give us in the exam?

Thank you in advance x
Reply 37
Hi all, I have the following tables for this scenario
Production, Student, Characters, CrewJobs

Production contains details of each production including number of characters (actors needed)
Student table will have name, ID, gender, preferred job
Characters will have a foreign key to Production and Student with detail of that character
CrewJobs will also have a foreign key to Production and Student.

I think these should cover it
Reply 38
Original post by 012858
Those of you who don't have the scenario here is the link (thank me later):smile:: http://www.ais.lk/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/June-2014-U7-Pre-Release.pdf

Hii, would you be able to message me the pre release spreadsheet and notepad documents pleasee? My school hasnt provided them to us yet! Thanks:smile:
Apparently they get released to colleges this Saturday so they can get the exam computers ready but someone in my class said that the text files have leaked online before prior to the exam so keep your eyes out! haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest