The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by shaanlone
you wont be able o access the txt files until your exam... but may be possible to :wink: if youre lucky enough

If anyone does get them let us know

Thats finee thanks! would you be able to message me the spreadsheet one then, we still havent been able to get it off my teachers!:confused: Thanks(:
Original post by iWolf_JM
There's a chance that some text files may be unofficial my released so look out for that before mods take it off
When's all your exam? I think I have it first on 6th May

Mines is on 6th May too! Quite nervous if I can't figure out the tables in the exam :s-smilie:
Reply 42
This is what we as a class have come up with for the relationships

relationships.png
Reply 43
Original post by BinaSchmidt
Mines is on 6th May too! Quite nervous if I can't figure out the tables in the exam :s-smilie:

Don't be nervous. Try to remember the questions of the paper and after exam it might be worth practising with your class. The tables is not a big deal as it will be given to us. The problem is the relationship an the form we have to create. The first question is easy making he form. It's the second part with the input that is hard
Reply 44
Original post by S_Boora
Our class have been through testing, reports we need a little bit more work on and evaluation we need a lot more work on, I just spoke about how well the system works what doesn't work and what the system could do to make it better, if that helps :h:

Woah! My class havent even gone through the actual database as my teacher's been absent for a long while......hahaa unsure about how to revise for this
Reply 45
Anyone setting up emails with each other for those who have the exam early?

/I am fairly new to TSR and I have no idea whether exam discussion is allowed on here as the exam has a window

My Unit 7 teacher has come up with 4 tables - we've managed to input the data and make relationships. Apparently the range/format checks etc will pop up at the beginning so ensure that you know what they mean! Also, do not stress! You can always memorize the next question or read ahead and find out what kind of coding you need (creating StudentID's etc.) before you go in the next day.

I need an A* in this exam >.< I sure hope the questions aren't too confusing!

Grade boundaries:

Raw: 84 = A*, 79 = A, 71 = B, 64 = C, 57 = D, 50 = E
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 46
Coursework was pretty damn straight-forward just needed a bit more detail than last year! Im hoping for 2 A's like last year and hopefully a C or B in this exam
Reply 47
Original post by leonorago
Anyone setting up emails with each other for those who have the exam early?

/I am fairly new to TSR and I have no idea whether exam discussion is allowed on here as the exam has a window

My Unit 7 teacher has come up with 4 tables - we've managed to input the data and make relationships. Apparently the range/format checks etc will pop up at the beginning so ensure that you know what they mean! Also, do not stress! You can always memorize the next question or read ahead and find out what kind of coding you need (creating StudentID's etc.) before you go in the next day.

I need an A* in this exam >.< I sure hope the questions aren't too confusing!

Grade boundaries:

Raw: 84 = A*, 79 = A, 71 = B, 64 = C, 57 = D, 50 = E

I dont think anyone has the exam early
? Mine starts on the 6th of may what about you guys?
Reply 48
Start on the 6th here too, maybe everyone starts on the same date but the period of the three weeks in which it is stretched over, the dates vary. We finish this exam on the 20th may...so some may finish before others or after
Reply 49
Original post by ZaraHopeA
Start on the 6th here too, maybe everyone starts on the same date but the period of the three weeks in which it is stretched over, the dates vary. We finish this exam on the 20th may...so some may finish before others or after

Yeah my college has that we start on 6th and think we finish on 22nd? Seems alright tho haha got more time to practice woohoo:smile:
Reply 50
Original post by khuzi_r
Yeah my college has that we start on 6th and think we finish on 22nd? Seems alright tho haha got more time to practice woohoo:smile:

Yeah, despite the anxiety of this exam...I guess the three weeks window gives us time to revise as we go along. Ahhhh lol exams this year have come by so fast !
Reply 51
Without looking at my timetable, I assume my exam starts on somewhere around the 15th and lasts only a week. Since the exam is 10 hours we would spread the exam over 5 days doing 2 hours on each.

I had no idea the majority of people would be starting early!
Do any of you have any test data which your teacher has made or given to you to practice with?
Reply 53
HELP!

When creating the Query ID, I've noticed that you can either put in 'left' or 'right' in the code? Whats the difference with this...for example, Left ([txtsurname],1) & Left ([txtforname],1) & [txtnewID] 1

Also in what cases do we create an append query and is that likely to happen with this exam? Additionally, could someone please really simply explain the concept of a subform...I have looked online but its just too confusing the terminology

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!!! x
Reply 54
HELP!

When creating the Query ID, I've noticed that you can either put in 'left' or 'right' in the code? Whats the difference with this...for example, Left ([txtsurname],1) & Left ([txtforname],1) & [txtnewID] 1

Also in what cases do we create an append query and is that likely to happen with this exam? Additionally, could someone please really simply explain the concept of a subform...I have looked online but its just too confusing the terminology

Thank you so much in advance!!!!!!!! x

By Left([txtsurname],1) it means that the database will look at he surname from left to right and show the first letter
For exam is a surname is Smith, the database will show S in the field. Inatead of 1, you ha 3 the database will look from left and find the third letter and display it. In this example it would show 'I'

This is same with Right but the database will look from right to left.
And yeah we will have to create an appen query. I'll post later what it means
Reply 55
By Left([txtsurname],1) it means that the database will look at he surname from left to right and show the first letter
For exam is a surname is Smith, the database will show S in the field. Inatead of 1, you ha 3 the database will look from left and find the third letter and display it. In this example it would show 'I'

This is same with Right but the database will look from right to left.
And yeah we will have to create an appen query. I'll post later what it means

Oh okay, makes so much sense now! Honestly, thank you so much. Very kind of you. Wish you all the best in the exam and yes that would be incredibly helpful in regards to the the appen query.

Would it be ideal therefore to always write Left or Right when building an expression? Or does it really depend on what your trying to pick out?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Oh okay, makes so much sense now! Honestly, thank you so much. Very kind of you. Wish you all the best in the exam and yes that would be incredibly helpful in regards to the the appen query.

No worries. You too; mines on 6th which is not far. I'll ask Sir today and reply you back
Reply 57
No worries. You too; mines on 6th which is not far. I'll ask Sir today and reply you back

Thank you, much appreciated. Same here, start on the 6th finish on the 20th.
Reply 58
Thank you, much appreciated. Same here, start on the 6th finish on the 20th.

Wait why 20th? You guys doing two hours each day? For us I have first five hours on 6th and last five hours on the 12th
Reply 59
Wait why 20th? You guys doing two hours each day? For us I have first five hours on 6th and last five hours on the 12th

Yep, they've worked it out by doing 2 hours on various days over a course of three weeks. Omg 5 hours straight in one day? I was dreading 2 hours as well, I feel pretty bad now.

Latest