The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by iWolf_JM
By Left([txtsurname],1) it means that the database will look at he surname from left to right and show the first letter
For exam is a surname is Smith, the database will show S in the field. Inatead of 1, you ha 3 the database will look from left and find the third letter and display it. In this example it would show 'I'

This is same with Right but the database will look from right to left.
And yeah we will have to create an appen query. I'll post later what it means

Haha string functions are soo fun! They're actually alright but sometimes the syntax takes the mick!
Reply 61
could someone explain why there wont be 6 tables
1. students details
2. character details
3. production details
4 the jobs like director producer etc table
5 & 6 two junction tables where you link student to their jobs that they are going to do and the characters that they are going to play

let me know what you think
Reply 62
Original post by glomerulus
could someone explain why there wont be 6 tables
1. students details
2. character details
3. production details
4 the jobs like director producer etc table
5 & 6 two junction tables where you link student to their jobs that they are going to do and the characters that they are going to play

let me know what you think

Mmmm 6 tables seem a bit extensive and the mark scheme says that the examiner would most likely accept 4/5 tables... but good idea tho I get what your saying
Reply 63
[Please don't use TSR to share specifics about exams. Thanks! :smile:]
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 64
[Please don't use TSR to share specifics about exams. Thanks! ]
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone tried out doing a subform? I tried it out but seeing as the data itself (that we got) isn't correct or enough, I can't work anything out for Activity 2 :frown:
Reply 66
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone got hold of the data files?
Reply 68
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by Imdarren
Hello could you send me the data files please?

Dude, there are no data files out. Everyone working on the database are just making up the data
Like production you can say wizard of Oz and Hamlet just to test the data
Reply 70
Original post by iWolf_JM
Dude, there are no data files out. Everyone working on the database are just making up the data
Like production you can say wizard of Oz and Hamlet just to test the data

Ok I meant made up files I heard from another student that some people have made some practise files up. Also how are you revising I have looked through videos but not sure what work I should do with access I was thinking of trying to make some tables and relationships? Any ideas?
Reply 71
Original post by UNKNOWN MASTER
Has anyone got hold of the data files?

I swear the data files are given when the exam starts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Ok I meant made up files I heard from another student that some people have made some practise files up. Also how are you revising I have looked through videos but not sure what work I should do with access I was thinking of trying to make some tables and relationships? Any ideas?

Yeah even I looked at the videos on YouTube and theyre not really helpful to be honest! The guy just talks about relationships but I think once the exam starts he'll go through more hopefully:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by khuzi_r
Yeah even I looked at the videos on YouTube and theyre not really helpful to be honest! The guy just talks about relationships but I think once the exam starts he'll go through more hopefully:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they are but I would be good to have some practise ones and now getting nervous as don't know a lot as my teacher has not even taught my class the skills /: and not long left
Reply 74
Mine starts on the 7th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Yeah they are but I would be good to have some practise ones and now getting nervous as don't know a lot as my teacher has not even taught my class the skills /: and not long left

Hahaha more students relying on YouTube vidoes rather than teachers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most centres should have received the exam data files today so they can get the systems ready for the exams. In previous years the txt files have leaked so fingers crossed it will this year too! Ha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Those that are sitting the exams fairly early 6th/7th can give those that are sitting it later some tips :wink:
Reply 78
Original post by cdude
Those that are sitting the exams fairly early 6th/7th can give those that are sitting it later some tips :wink:

tsr will probably shut the thread down when the exam window starts, they did last year with unit three

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Rosie_Hyde
tsr will probably shut the thread down when the exam window starts, they did last year with unit three

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could contact through emails?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest